Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988 - 1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Scratchbuild

7 minutes ago, Againmikewins said:

I just received mine! I love it, thanks Dwayne and Greg!

You are very welcome Mike.  I hope you enjoy building it and find it simpler to construct than most other kits out there.

I really tried hard to make it so. (Apologies to Picard):D

I know the man that restored that Connecticut 78 Ltd in particular his name is Tom Weglarz. he bought that 78 LTD as a partially wrecked barn find stored for about 30 years and only has like 50 thousand miles on it. He restored it for the CSP Museum if I remember right. Tom and I have been friends and 75 to 78 LTD fans since the mid-90s .  We traded Parts and pictures over the years.  he's a good man.

MVC-014S

I received mine today!  Thanks Dwayne and Greg!  This is indeed a "push all the models off the work bench" kinda model. It is absolutely flawless in every way!  So I will be building my grandfather's last car,  which then became my father's last car... that I then drove for ten years.  Bottom photo-  Those are the huge Coleman coolers in that trunk!

The carrying power of a Crown Vic

And I'm hoping Dwayne gets finished with the LTD II as below.  Mine was a '77 and it was a company car at my dad's company. A salesman car, it was two years old with 100,000 miles on it when I bought it for $600.  Once cleaned up, it looked new especially since Ford was still selling the same car.  A perk was that the NJ State Troopers drove these at the time.  My father and I commuted to work together in this car for a couple of years. It was a great commuting thing that the minute we pulled up behind anyone, they'd immediately get out of the way! 

image.png.6598c110f68100341e45e81cd27fd5c6.png

We did put another 100,000 miles on it and sold it onward for the same $600 I had paid for it years earlier.  

You are welcome, glad you like it.  You can thank Mike Schnur as well.  He did a bit of work to the tire mold, more venting.  The last set we made last night were the best yet.  The new little joke between Mike and I is that everything is Modelhaus quality.  The breakfast at IHOP was even Modelhaus quality!

Edited by Greg Wann

16 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

The new little joke between Mike and I is that everything is Modelhaus quality.  The breakfast at IHOP was even Modelhaus quality!

HAH!!

I'm going to find a carton of milk, drink some and read that again just so I can give it the proper, honored nostril/milk snort it so richly deserved. What it did was everything w/o the milk!!   You guys kill me. Good talking to you yesterday.

Tom:  Glad you like the 91!  Cooked with love and left to simmer in flavor for a mere 9 years. As to the LTD II, well it is a good ways on, but the front header panel/grille/headlight thingie is a woolybooger.  Here is some pics of where I was about 6 mos ago.  I actually have a good bit more done but AGAIN I have neglected to take newer pics. Working on that front end intricacies.  Have faith, my friend, at least it i started and is in the rotation of like four I am doing simultaneously. Be like Rose and never give up or let go... :blink:

170525 - 77 LTD II (8).JPG

170525 - 77 LTD II (2).JPG

Excellent thought Greg. Those things can pop off,  go missing or even get broken off after the kit is built and once it's done you don't have another.  now the Builder should have a lifetime Supply of hood ornaments.

• 4 weeks later...

It's all good, Joe, I will get to you.  They are $110.00 each with postage included unless you are in another part of the world, then postage will be obviously more.  Then I will have to get a postage quote.  I am mostly a one shop guy at this point but Mike Schnur does come and help with this project and others that are in process on Sundays.  I also work a 40 hour work week like most everyone else.  I understand being patient is not always easy, so you might just want to keep your money on hand.

Greg

Edited by Greg Wann

On 9/24/2018 at 5:58 PM, Greg Wann said:

You are welcome, glad you like it.  You can thank Mike Schnur as well.  He did a bit of work to the tire mold, more venting.  The last set we made last night were the best yet.  The new little joke between Mike and I is that everything is Modelhaus quality.  The breakfast at IHOP was even Modelhaus quality!

I got my kits and I have to agree that these are of Modelhaus quality. :D

The body is nice and thin, and bubble and pinhole free.  The interior tub floor has a thin patched area, but it should look fine. The undercarriage has an area of missing resin around the rear end, but I suppose it is not too visible. The tires look awesome but the mold half (at the sidewall) is misaligned so the sidewall sticks proud from the thread slightly.

I'm not complaining - just mentioning my findings.  The overall shape of the body and the surface quality is really good. Hard to believe that it was all sculpted by hand without any CAD aid.  The thin vacuu-formed "glass" will look really good too.  The separate hood provides a nice choice for a full engine build. And the transparent headlight and taillight lenses are nice bonus too.  There are more goodies too.  Awesome job guys!  A great model of a 4-door sedan which would otherwise probably never been produced.  I will not be building it anytime soon, but I'll have it when the time comes.

Thank you Peter for the comments on the kit! I've sent you a PM.

And I've done the same for Joe as well..

If anyone else has sent a kit request to Greg or me and did not get a response and are still interested please PM me here, or contact me at my direct EM at ntvypr@msn.com.  I am very sorry for the nonresponse.  I THOUGHT I answered each and everyone who PM'd me on each and all of these projects.  I am forgetful, but I have no unread msg and only 30% of my inbox is used so it's not an overflow.

Thanks guys..

18 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

I understand being patient is not always easy,

My patience isn't the issue. I'm very patient. I've waited for other things for far longer periods of time. I won't get into it here; but, you know what my alleged issue is. Thank you anyway.

My copy came in yesterday, and all I can say is unbelievable!! I haven't bought a whole lot of resin, but I do have a couple of Modelhaus products, and believe me, this one is in the same class. I won't go into all the details, but you guys hit this one out of the park!! Can't wait to see what you guys come out with next!!

Can I get one with less stuff. I wouldn't need the wheels and tires, possibly the chassis either. I would be converting into a 2 door. and build it the way I am planning on building my 1:1 2 door. I know that the 2 door production ended in 87. A rounded box 2 door would look bad azz.

Tim

Keeps saying "Error 404 page not found"  let me shorten it.

Thank you Ronnie.  I can't say it enough, I appreciate it and Greg & Mike do as well.

peteski, 6883michaelw, mls60442, Kayma367 and repstock, I have you on the list.

Please know if you read this you're on the newfangled updated with Kung-Fu grip and life-like fur 1991 CVPI list!

Anyone else interested is also welcome to PM me at any time or email me directly at ntvypr at msn.com , and if you don't get an answer pretty quick same day or next, except weekends, I'm not around the 'puter then much) feel free to twist my tail openly here. 

Tim I dunno about the partial.  Greg will see this and I will ask him as well.  I know he is working on them as much as he can. I think we've both been surprised at how many want not only one but two at a pop. Thank you one and all.  Greg's workin' harder than a Santa elf with the cat-o-nine tails marks to fill all the orders. 

Thanks, guys..

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 4:01 AM, peteski said:

I got my kits and I have to agree that these are of Modelhaus quality. :D

The body is nice and thin, and bubble and pinhole free.  The interior tub floor has a thin patched area, but it should look fine. The undercarriage has an area of missing resin around the rear end, but I suppose it is not too visible. The tires look awesome but the mold half (at the sidewall) is misaligned so the sidewall sticks proud from the thread slightly.

I'm not complaining - just mentioning my findings.  The overall shape of the body and the surface quality is really good. Hard to believe that it was all sculpted by hand without any CAD aid.  The thin vacuu-formed "glass" will look really good too.  The separate hood provides a nice choice for a full engine build. And the transparent headlight and taillight lenses are nice bonus too.  There are more goodies too.  Awesome job guys!  A great model of a 4-door sedan which would otherwise probably never been produced.  I will not be building it anytime soon, but I'll have it when the time comes.

Just to follow up on my earlier post (above), after few PMs and email exchanges with Greg and Dwayne, my kits are now of "Modelhaus Quality".  Thanks guys!