Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished 1969 Ford Torino Convertible

Mj-Styro

Finally after almost a year in the restoration stage i think i can call this one done!!

Body,interior,chassis are Org to the this kit...I used one of the re-issued '69 Torino Fastback for the hood,scoop,front grill/bumper and modify'ed the rear bumper (by using the back side to a #11 blade i cut the taillight panel off)..........

I think i did a pretty good job of it since i restored it once before back 4 or 5 years ago and lettin it go..........but i fiqured i had the chance to get it back and really wanted to this car justice the second go around.........

The up top is a work in progress still afew things to do to it yet,here and there, but i wanted to get a picture of it on the finished car just for the look

Need to find one more Cragar wheel for the front,seem to have miss-placed it...........

MVC848S-vi.jpg

MVC849S-vi.jpg

MVC852S-vi.jpg

MVC853S-vi.jpg

MVC854S-vi.jpg

Looks GREAT MJ!! :lol:

Love the shine on that one! Where did you get the uptop? I would like something similar for the Torino Pace Car I have.

Thanks Bill!!!

The up-top is a inprogress Org made from resin ofcourse that i am modfying what it started as i couldnt tell ya..........picked up a bunch resin up tops awhile back.........

Also i did get the one done for the med size chevys! the 72 olds i did was made from acouple resin up tops and will be casted at a later date.

As-well as this ford one.............

should have it done soon!

reason being is most new kits or some kits didnt have any, and certain cars look very well with up tops.....