Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Revell Camaro SS

Fanof69

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments and feedback.

Nice Build Terry just one thing the front bumper is upside down

Dang not sure how that got by me and a few car guys I showed it to before posting it on here:wacko: Now I have to decide whether its going to bug me enough to fix it. Thanks Ted:D

Looks good though I think the paint or clear are a bit too heavy as evident on the panel lines.

Yeah you're right Jay. The top coat (testors 1605t transparent custom red) is a little tricky to work with, for me anyway. It goes on pretty thick and runs easily(bad combination). Plus I think the base coat was a hair too heavy as well. I've used the transparent blue as well and it goes on pretty much the same way. I do like the different shades you can get depending on the base coat color you use under it. Here is a sample of the transparent blue over Krylon True Blue

Edited by Fanof69

Thanks for your responce to my inquiry regarding the colour(s) you used , Terry .

Perhaps lightly-scuffing the base / colour coat prior to spraying the clear / top coat will help the latter to adhire .

Thanks for the advice John. I'll try that the next time I plan on using that top coat.

Camaro looks great!

Thanks Kevin.