Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Detailed Preview of Revell's Upcoming '30A Chopped Five Window Hot Rod....

There are 8. I spent some time studying the photo carefully, and as mentioned, the light source casts shadows that make it appear that the spacing is odd at the top, leading to only 7 terminals, when in fact, it's fine.

What appears to be a dark absence of a terminal at the top center of the cap is actually a terminal, but the angle the light is hitting it makes it appear dark. If you force yourself to see what IS there rather than what it APPEARS is there, it becomes apparent what's happening.

EDIT: Spex84 beat me to it. Well done, sir.    :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I would tend to agree with you Tim, but this photo isn't blurry, and it clearly shows only 7. (Unless two are Siamesed? - Still not good) Won't stop me from picking one up, but if the one I buy has only 7 towers, I will grumble...

It's a trick of the light. There's a highlight around the edge of the cap itself and it cancels out the highlight on the top pip and makes it look like a space. The one from the roadster is doing the same trick right in front of my eyes as type this. 

Oops, I responded to this from the previous page, now I see it was answered even better up this page

Edited by Brett Barrow

It's a trick of the light. There's a highlight around the edge of the cap itself and it cancels out the highlight on the top pip and makes it look like a space. The one from the roadster is doing the same trick right in front of my eyes as type this. 

Oops, I responded to this from the previous page, now I see it was answered even better up this page

OK, so apparently my reading glasses need glasses. Now we can all get back to griping about the firewall and the top insert. (Just kidding). This one's for you, Tim.

IMG 0135

If the court pleases, Your Honor, I'd like to withdraw the question. :wacko:

Maybe an admin can go back and scrub all this 7 vs 8 distributor stuff from this thread? I found on another forum where someone was bad mouthing Revell for a stupid mistake  concerning this distributor stuff, and it's not even a mistake. When there is a legit error with  final tooling of a kit, I'm all about identifying it. But since this issue has been found to be untrue maybe it would be fair to Revell to wipe it off of here?

And Chris, just to be clear, I don't have a problem with you calling it out. I'm glad you did.

Dave....thanks!  I've really liked that A Coupe in your picture in part because it runs a SBF instead of an SBC and looks super-cool all the while.  

All...here are some detail photos of 1/1 scale '30/'31 A Coupes that I shot about a year and a half ago in anticipation of the debut of this new Revell kit.  Lotsa detailing photos including the roof top opening and the firewall areas....and some cool engine ideas.   Also posted are overall shots of 1/1 scale '30/'31 A Chopped Coupes I've shot over the last two years to give you plenty of kitbashing ideas for this kit once it hits the market....

Best Regards...TIM 

DSC 0672

Edited by tim boyd

Jairus  ~

Aren't those Monogram '30 Fords 1/24th scale rather than 1/25th?  

I don't recall being able to mix and match parts between the Monos and the AMTs & Revells.

Or, am I mistaken.  {I don't have either handy to check.}

:huh:

Yes. those old Monograms are 1/24th instead of 1/25th, but in this particular case the Monogram bodies are more like 1/24th 3/4....they are very, very close to 1/25th.  

As far as I'm concerned, they can be swapped just as Jairus has suggested and we'd be very hard pressed to tell the difference....

J., I'd love to see what you might do with that Phaeton!   

TB 

Yes. those old Monograms are 1/24th instead of 1/25th, but in this particular case the Monogram bodies are more like 1/24th 3/4....they are very, very close to 1/25th.  

As far as I'm concerned, they can be swapped just as Jairus has suggested and we'd be very hard pressed to tell the difference....

J., I'd love to see what you might do with that Phaeton!   

TB 

To take Tim's point that they are very close a little further, here is the Monogram '30 Phaeton body (rescribed as a two-door) on top of a Revell '32 Ford series frame. Despite the slight scale difference, the body fits to the frame pretty much just how the full-scale combination would.

Hosted on Fotki

B)

To take Tim's point that they are very close a little further, here is the Monogram '30 Phaeton body (rescribed as a two-door) on top of a Revell '32 Ford series frame. Despite the slight scale difference, the body fits to the frame pretty much just how the full-scale combination would.

IMG_7896-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Den

B)

Dennis...that one is SO sweet....[.err....for some reason I seem to be experiencing a blind splot and can't quite focus on what's in the engine compartment, but it doesn't matter :) ]....love the layout, the stance, the color, the Dow #7 wheels and the tire choices....super, super coolt!!!!   TIM