Model Cars Magazine Forum

'29 Ford Box Stock +

mrm

This is my 5 day challenge I gave myself. The model was done in 5 days start to finish and it is absolutely box stock with the exception of the wheels and tires which came from the Rat Roaster. The paint is Jaguar Racing Green from PPG. Much shinier and deeper in person, but I took these pictures as an experiment in my kitchen, where the lighting was not exactly the best. 

I have to say that I am nothing short of impressed with this kit. Everything fits like a dream and builds pretty fast and easy. I could not recommend it enough to anyone. 

I hope you enjoy the results. 

UHkgE6.jpg

ttoYsy.jpg

AeNLsz.jpg

kmdZxn.jpg

AdlTTS.jpg

umgTr9.jpg

81YNIQ.jpg

rbf3Pr.jpg

qi7QQf.jpg

93LemW.jpg

aUZuQ2.jpg

A5Gzgy.jpg

And a little preview of the next project…..

e8MOgh.jpg

Tomorrow I'll make a couple pictures in the sun to show off the color of the paint. 

Edited by mrm

That is a super sharp build!! I must ask, what kind of ppg paint did you use? And did you spray it through an airbrush? And what kind of clear did you use? I'm possibly interested in using car paints on some of my models. Any info you could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much guys. I'm glad you like it. 

I just smapped some photos outside on my balcony to see the paint on the sun.

4DpOAM.jpg

HQitOk.jpg

BhfYaj.jpg

Ubdmmf.jpg

ViOYfl.jpg

iyU1kx.jpg

That is a super sharp build!! I must ask, what kind of ppg paint did you use? And did you spray it through an airbrush? And what kind of clear did you use? I'm possibly interested in using car paints on some of my models. Any info you could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

I had to repaint a 1:18 Jaguar XJ220. So I went to my paint supply store and just asked the guys there to mix me up a Jaguar color I pulled out of one of their catalogs. They always mix the paint for me "ready to spray" with medium reducer. This makes primer A MUST. The clear is a two part polyurethane. Everything was shot through an airbrush.

Edited by mrm

Beautiful build, hard to believe it only took 5 days. I picked up one of these kits last week, you and everyone else seem to be really enjoying the kit so I want in on the fun also.

You will definitely not be disappointed with the kit.

And if you make it to this year's Heartland Nationals there is a chance this model may be there.

You will definitely not be disappointed with the kit.

And if you make it to this year's Heartland Nationals there is a chance this model may be there.

I would look forward to seeing it in person. I may not be there this year for the first time in over ten years. I always have a couple of models on display and have had a table in the swap meet for the last three years. As luck would have it this is the first time ever that we have had a conflict with another interest that my wife and I enjoy. We will be at the Jeep Jamboree at SMOOR in southern Missouri.