Model Cars Magazine Forum

Funny Car Summer 'Cuda

AZ Boy

This is on my "To Do" list for certain. What a beautiful job you did. Absolutely stunning and I hope i can do it justice when my time to build it arrives.

I have the movie in my stash for reference and i think I have to get a body pretty soon or they will be all gone. I too was thinking Pirhana chassis at the beginning  [have one in the stash for this] but scratch is going to play a big part in getting it right.

The duct tape looks great BTW.

Bob

Great build!  I have this movie in DVD, but I also remember seeing it in the theater!  I was fortunate enough to be able to get Big Jim's autograph at the Houston NHRA event a couple of years ago.  I took a book with numerous FC photos and a crew member took me into the trailer where he was inspecting plugs, the autograph even a small oil smudge.  I also got Bob Tasca and Don Schumacher to sign also.

Later,

Lee

Great story, LeRoy!  During the recent NHRA event here in Arizona, I talked with Big Jim's driver John Hale.  He introduced me to Jim's granddaughter Johnna.  Unfortunately, the model wasn't done yet, so Johnna gave me her email address so that I could send her pictures of the finished model. She will forward the pics to Big Jim.  I'm waiting to hear back from her.

Great job on building this model Aaron! Beautiful looking model. I wish you would have contacted me about the Slixx screw up with the pistons words. I would have drawn them for you. Still a winner though!!

Chuck

Chuck,

You ever thought about doing the decals for this car with the colored side panels on it instead of the all red version .( II think theyre a red and orange and yellow maybe ?

If u do, I'll take a set.

• 11 months later...