Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model building season is coming to a end

Now that its getting warmer its time to work on the cars in the garage and do some work in the yard,I am going to try to finish the restoration of the MPC 77ish Chevy stepside before I quit for the year and will keep the 36 ford roadster for when it rains and I am bored but doubt it will get finished before it gets cold again. I do most of the building while I am stuck inside for the winter and ready to go outside.

Likewise. I have two old cars to get ready for the cruising season. Don't want to be under the car  or into the engine compartment when I could be driving. Evenings will be on the deck. I may still go down into the dungeon early in the morning though.

For me, I get very little modeling done the first quarter of the year. I'm too busy with NNL East planning and execution. Over the non-winter time, I don't do any modeling during daylight, since it will soon be spring yard work time, then we have a pool for summer.  I still like to get in an hour evenings during the week all year round.  It relaxes me and gives me something to look forward to!  

I will most likely take most of the warm days to get out and enjoy things. I do make forays to the workbench and always paint bodies and clear them for the colder months.

I still skateboard so I'll be doing lots of that this spring to shed a few unwanted winter pounds as well. Of course kids look at me like I'm a nutcase skating at 51.  It wasn't so bad until the grey started showing up with a renewed effort this last year.

I have to do a cam and intake change on one of my old cars before it comes out in the spring,I heat the garage with kerosene and do not like smelling it any more so now its time to get working on it.

Sounds like something powerful.

I like to build year round. Regardless of the time of year it can be challenging to get some good model building time with work being the first priority. I like when it is nice and hot outside to spray the car bodies. 

So for me "Any time is model building time".

Rob

Spring and summer is old car season for me. As I am in the final stages  of a ground up restoration of  a clients 1968 Charger RT ,,,it 'should' be done by late spring , So I will be marketing it all summer at different shows in hopes to gain interest in restoration work for next winter.

All this is in addition to house and yard repairs, mow grass , kids activities. etc etc

We are going to AZ again this summer to visit family ( this time we'll  be more serious looking for property to purchase)

So my model bench time becomes very limited in spring / summer........ But I do at least try to get a few bodies painted before the cold moves back in

Here in Az. I like to be out in the winter and in during the summer.

Ray we have mild winters and June thru until the first of Sept it's hot here with high humidity so I am seldom out in the summer. Heat makes MS worse. You Should hang out with Ed sometime..