Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boom Haul - Pic Update!!!

Ok fellas. I just completed the trailer to the 142H tractor unit I had built for the Steel Haul that I was 

supposed to use but did not. The boom is from a toy digger I bought at a cheap store. I had planned on using it 

as a load for my heavy hauler rig, but the amount of work I had to do on it to get it looking right, would have 

taken me ages. So I opted to salvage what I could and use the parts for something useful. So now I had a use for 

the boom. :) I added hydraulics using soldering iron wiring and styrene tubing. I wanted it to look alive. The 

trailer is the Italeri curtain trailer kit. I only used the chassi and bottom half of it. I then scratch built 

the extra floor and added tie-downs.

So now this tractor has a trailer, I think, goes together pretty well. Hope you like the results. Thanks for 

looking. Lots of detail pics:

boom_haul25a_zpstef6nhnh.jpg

boom2_zpsuxjaa3so.jpg

boom_haul26_zpsnaazmfop.jpg

boom_haul25_zpsn9qbnwur.jpg

boom_haul21_zpswubrh8jz.jpg

boom_haul2_zpsldszh3qa.jpg

boom_haul20_zpsp0m3okcu.jpg

boom_haul15_zpsyirnypgf.jpg

boom_haul14_zpsf7lwqxob.jpg

boom_haul13_zpsjdgvxlsr.jpg

Edited by tiking

boom10_zpssltyff0n.jpg

This is the most realistic picture I have ever seen modeled on a bucket and boom. Every thing about it is perfect and If I had not seen the previous pictures I would of though it to be a reference picture.

The rest of the model is top notch also but the pic above - Wow!

Edited by Old Buckaroo

That grease is very realistic ...! What did you use ?

Its machine engine grease used to lubricate machine parts. Mixed together with some black and some oils. I have also used Vaseline mixed with black paint as well before.

Edited by tiking

This is just fantastic!!!  Although it would be great to see this in person, I think it is even better to be able to look at all of your close-up pictures.  I think I would be overwhelmed trying to take this all in if I were seeing it on a contest table.  I have already looked over your pictures twice.  I will be back to look at them again.