Model Cars Magazine Forum

soapy sales funny car

I haven't built the Soapy Sales version yet, but I recently completed the generic Model King version of the same kit.  What is the body/interior tin hanging up on?  Do you have a Dremel drill with a grinder bit to maybe trim away the area that's catching?  Maybe a picture of the problem area might help diagnose the issue.

Any chance the engine is to high in the chassis?

I haven't built the new release yet..... , but I have both  an original issue as well as the Model King version done, with no complaints or do I remember any issues along the way . if you need to see anything in particular ,,just ask

20160311_074246.jpg

Any chance the engine is to high in the chassis?

I haven't built the new release yet..... , but I have both  an original issue as well as the Model King version done, with no complaints or do I remember any issues along the way . if you need to see anything in particular ,,just ask

20160311_074246.jpg

Bill they look good!

Thanks,

The Bob Banning car was just built about 2 years ago.

The Soapy Sales car has been done for the better part of 30 years ,,,maybe more. I need to find a partial decal sheet to redo the roof and trunk . The original MPC kit sheet doesn't have enough of to go all the way front to rear like the 1/1