Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally Got My Compressor Finished

Guest Gramps-xrds

Guest Gramps-xrds

You guys are kind. It could have been better, but under the circumstances, it'll have to do. While working on the Dio I noticed that just about all my model paint has dried up or turned to jelly, ( I haven't bought anything in yrs )so I'm having to use artist acrylics and a paint brush or some old lacquers to do just about everything. Living on a fixed income sux. You have to make everything from nothing, but that's what makes it challenging. So tomorrow I'll go to the garage to cut wood for the gas pumps. This should be a real challenge.

Looks great, Bill. Using stuff at hand is what I'm all about, too...I've got some 'museum quality' paints on my workshop as well...a couple of them are still good, and a few are dried up...fun to see an old price sticker on the odd one of .35!

Very nice! Are there more pictures of other parts of this Dio... ? I will search.

Suggestion: You did nothing wrong here that I can see and you may be considering this step, but I would airbrush Floquil "Flat Finish" and "Dust" lightly over any part of the Diorama that will no longer be touched. This last step blends the colors (Especially the "Dust") and flattens to more realistic finish. The work that you have done thus far is first rate! Way to go, cannot wait to see more! B)

Guest Gramps-xrds

Thanks Tony...Jairus. ya I plan on doing some dusting after I get it all finished. I'll probably use pastels ( because that's what I have ) and it doesn't cost me anything lol. So far, I have no money invested, just what I bought yrs ago.

Here's some pics of a station I did for my son and his boys for their race track in 1/32 scale.

This is what it looked like on the game we used to play online MCO.

RuralGas.jpg

And this is what it looks like on the track.

gasstation3.jpg

gasstation2.jpg