Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 1969 Corvette C3 finally done

mad mike

Hello everyone,

a long, long time ago I posted the WIP of my C3 here http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/45463-1969-corvette-c3-wip/

It's a heavily modified Monogram kit. During the build, the windscreen got damaged by solvent leaking through the masking tape and it took me a while to make a new one.

On top of that I wanted to fit "bullet" style rear lights and had to make them first, which took quite a while too. But I think it was worth the wait, what do you guys say?

Big hello to everyone who commented on my WIP all that time ago!

01_C3_front_side_small.jpg

02_C3_headlights_small.jpg

03_C3_left_detail_small.jpg

04_C3_left_side_small.JPG

05_C3_right_detail_small.jpg

06_C3_rear_side_small.jpg

07_C3_rear_small.jpg

Cheetah_Cobra_C3_group_small.jpg

Thank you, everyone!

@ Mark: I heard that Revell is going to re-issue the C2 in 1/8 later this year for around 70 Euros.

@ Henry: Sorry to disappoint you, but all my models are curbside. I build engines as separate models, and I'm working on a big block Chevy, but it'll be a Can-Am version. A full-model Cheetah is in the works too, with complete drivetrain. I've built a Porsche 917 engine, a Ford 427 FE and a Ford GT40 engine.

@ David: At least I had a body to start with, doing everything from scratch like the Cheetah and the Cobra is even harder. All the parts on my models are scratch built, usually starting with 3d printing, finishing and making silicone moulds. I've got quite a selection of tires and rims right now. But those Torq Thrusts look good on almost any car!

Wow! What you have accomplished here is simply amazing! Fantstic scratchbuilding/bodywork, fantastic paint, fantastic details. I am very impressed. B)

And by the way, that generation of Corvette is by far the best looking one, and my favorite of all.