Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 1969 Corvette C3 finally done

mad mike

Hello Michael,

WOW, that's a beautiful model.  The paint looks like it's liquid and very deep.  Really excellent work.  It looks like I could just walk up and push the door latch down and drive away.

What a beauty!  Are the wheels metal?

Michael

Thank you, everyone! Your comments really make my day. I'm glad you like my work, and honest feedback helps me making it through the times when you just can't seem to see how to get it done.

@Michael: The wheels are cast of lightweight resin, painted with Alclad Chrome. I found out that a grey high-gloss primer works best for that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

WOW! I don't visit very often here in this Big Scale section but after seeing these builds I think I'll have to look around in here more often. That Corvette is looking fantastic, in fact, I thought it was real car at first. It's always nice to see a flawless gloss black paint job as it's very hard to get done properly. You nailed it here, and you did a very nice clean job overall. Fantastic work.

And I just looked your Cheetah thread as well...That's another fantastic build! I can't even imagine how much work it takes to make everything from scratch, incredible work. Cheetah is a very cool car in any scale, I'd definitely like to build one in 1/25 if there was a kit of it....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...