Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Snake45

Hot Rod Wheel Question

I just tried the mags from the Rat Rod issue of the '29 in a variety of tires...they fit the new-tool radial whitewalls from that kit (and the Rat Rod '30 Tudor issue), but not the Revell radials in the '32 ford kits. They're much too large to fit any old AMT tires.

The only tires I've found that fit well are resin whitewall bias plies from The Parts Box, and I think those tires are copies of a 60s Monogram tire. Tire set #1071:

http://www.thepartsbox.com/store/index.php?page=details&prod=58

A bit off topic but Snake, if you use that Stude V-8 the multi carb manifolds from the Revell Parts Pack Caddy fit very nice and is also an option in the 1:1 world. Just trying to give you another option.

A bit off topic but Snake, if you use that Stude V-8 the multi carb manifolds from the Revell Parts Pack Caddy fit very nice and is also an option in the 1:1 world. Just trying to give you another option.

I took another look at that Stude engine in that old R&C mag last night and darned if it doesn't have a 4x2 manifold on it, which I didn't think anyone had made for Stude. Might have to look at that as an option, thanks!