Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Camaro SS

tyrone

What's up fellas... this is my 2nd completed build of 2016.... It's the r/m kit.. It's all from the kit except the resin r/s grille and I also used the rally wheels from the r/m 67 chevelle and I used some tires from the parts box.. I went with a slightly wider tire on the back.. I still need to add the backup lights and turn signal/park lights to the front but for now it's going in the case... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

That's probably the best rendition i have seen of this kit, yet. Only big-block Camaro SS's had the black taillight panel and that is a detail that is usually missed.

For future reference you may want to remember that 375-horse 396's all came with a factory-installed aluminum intake manifold that was mostly unpainted except for overspray around the edges. That 396/375 was a high-strung engine that was rated at 425HP in the very same configuration for 1965. With solid lifters, 11:1 compression and a big Holley carburetor it more than likely made 425 horses.

This isn't even my type of car and I'm loving it!!!   You have excellent attention to detail.  In the mid seventies, I had a neighbor turn a near exact copy of this into a dirt track stock car.    Since he's about my age, he could probably be retiring off what it would cost to replace the car now.

Edited by Kodiak Island Modeler

This is the best rendition of this kit Ive seen built so far, very nice indeed. Can I ask where you got the RS grille from, I really dislike the grille that comes in the kit.

The wheel swap also makes a big difference to the appearence.

Very nice job. Great upgrades you made to the stock kit. I would also like to know where you got the grille and what color is the paint? 

Later- 

Me Too!

Very nice as usual Tyrone, your builds never cease to amaze me with the clean details and perfect execution. 

This is the best rendition of this kit Ive seen built so far, very nice indeed. Can I ask where you got the RS grille from, I really dislike the grille that comes in the kit.

The wheel swap also makes a big difference to the appearence.

Thanks Gary..the 2 things I hated the most about this kit is the grill and the wheels..this is the 2nd one of these kits that I have built.. The first one I converted to a 68 Camaro and used the rally wheels from the r/m 69 Camaro... here's the link to the grille..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161930264599?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Very nice job. Great upgrades you made to the stock kit. I would also like to know where you got the grille and what color is the paint? 

Later- 

thanks for the kind words.. the paint is PPG Bermuda Blue.. I posted the link for the grille in the post above this one..