Model Cars Magazine Forum
VAcountry

57 Ford

Just my second model I've completed. First time using BMF. I did try my hand at weathering just because I wanted it to look like a true dirt car. I didn't like the super bright paint finish since it is a dirt car.

IMG_20160301_231936_866.jpg

IMG_20160301_232001_266.jpg

IMG_20160301_231856_286.jpg

IMG_20160307_090644_474.jpg

IMG_20160307_090619_697.jpg

That's darn good for your 2nd ever build.

That's a wonderful weathering job!

Love it. Perfect old stock-car vibe, very believable weathering for an as-raced, not-yet-cleaned-up look.

That is really well done! Just enough weathering and dirtying up to make it look like it just came off the track after a race! Very nice model with lots of character. Great work!

Sam

That is really well done! Just enough weathering and dirtying up to make it look like it just came off the track after a race! Very nice model with lots of character. Great work!

Sam

What Sam said, nice work.

Thanks a lot!!! I actually made this as a birthday present for my dad. I couldn't find the purple Fireball Roberts car because they don't even make it. He was my dads favorite driver so when I found this I had to get it. 

It all looks right. Great job. I'm guessing you've modeled other subjects because your technique is excellent.

I've never modeled anything else. I found a airbrush and a lot of models in my dad's closet last year. Got a air tank for my birthday and did a drag car but it didn't come out too good in my eyes. All of the weathering and bmf was my first time trying.