Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hers is my 1950 chevy suburban that i just finished in time for the NNL WEST at Santa Clara. This started out as a 50 chevy resin kit, but i modified it with the amt 50 chevy truck cab for a better fitment of the hood and doors. The original piece needed alot of work in correcting the window frames, and adding new rear fenders. Also had to ad some styrene to the sides of the lower panel areas to be able to flow evenly with the lower section of the doors. I made the clam shell style rear door instead of the barn door style it came with, scratch built the following: rear single brake light attached to the tailgate, front visor, traffic view finder, compass, rear splash pan, all seats, seat frames, inner rear door panels, and couple other small items. There is a real working speaker system built in played by an ipod shuffle and yes it does still have full suspension. Well enough about it lol, and enjoy the pics :)

1948-chevrolet-suburban-front-fascia.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

Edited by 408calirides

thanks all on the replies and too gatorincebu, its funny cause i've always kinda thought the same about that style doors :) seemed to might get in the way of loading or unloading items from the back lol, other then you can have the rear upper door open makes for some nice wind flow, the lower still gets me. 

Looks just like it came from the pages of Low Life magazine. All of the right accessories. You mentioned that you have a speaker system, why not have a siren sound track that so many Low Riders have. I'm not a Low Rider builder, but I appreciate and respect the effort that is put into these machines.   

A wonderful build ... beautiful work! Nice to see it still has it's 6.

I really like the seats! Are the seat frames metal tube or rod?

The seats frames are metal tube

Looks just like it came from the pages of Low Life magazine. All of the right accessories. You mentioned that you have a speaker system, why not have a siren sound track that so many Low Riders have. I'm not a Low Rider builder, but I appreciate and respect the effort that is put into these machines.   

Actually i added a couple different siren sounds to the mix so they do randomly play :)  i'll see if i can up load a vid with it.