Model Cars Magazine Forum

So nobody has a comment?

Harry P.

I am very happy that the magazine arrived in a poly bag. Here is a recent example of how our mail generally gets to us.

Not only is it mutilated it had been wet enough to have been in a flood.

My wife has canceled all her subscriptions due to the same problem.

We inquired to the Post Offices on why the mail was arriving so damaged and usually wet - we got a letter back stating they are Not in the business of replacing mail, we have to contact the publishers for that.      What ? we were asking for them to look into the problem of the carriers that deliver to the PO.

Typical Govt. business - having no recollection or any responsibility of what is happening. 

I am very happy that the magazine arrived in a poly bag. Here is a recent example of how our mail generally gets to us.

P3174586.jpg

Not only is it mutilated it had been wet enough to have been in a flood.

My wife has canceled all her subscriptions due to the same problem.

We inquired to the Post Offices on why the mail was arriving so damaged and usually wet - we got a letter back stating they are Not in the business of replacing mail, we have to contact the publishers for that.      What ? we were asking for them to look into the problem of the carriers that deliver to the PO.

Typical Govt. business - having no recollection or any responsibility of what is happening. 

The last line seems to be a "given" these days.

LOL.  I commented in the other thread.  It is a HUGE improvement ~ even though I rarely ever had any damage to mine before and when I received one in less than pristine condition it was never any serious damage.

Regardless, the even bigger story is that Gregg & friends have established their own publishing company and are now in much greater control of MCM's destiny.  The bagging of issues is a part of that.  

Now that Gregg is "all in" and taken the deep plunge to move the magazine forward, the least we can do as hobby family is support this effort.  That means you all need to break down and subscribe!   I subscribe,  Dan subscribes, but I know there are a lot of folks here who are just in for the free message board.  The last time I suggested that people support the magazine, I got bombed!   So people, if you are in this hobby for the long haul, stand up and  VOTE YES that Gregg is doing something to help sustain that hobby!  Subscribe to support this effort!

I couldn't agree more. You people who are using this board for free, that's fine... we supply it to you for free and we don't expect anything in return. It's done for you, no conditions attached. But providing you guys with this site is not free. There is a cost involved on our end.

To anyone who doesn't subscribe to the magazine... realize that magazine subscriptions are in part what pays for this site! Please consider subscribing. It would be greatly appreciated, and would help to ensure that MCM and this forum will be around for a long time to come. Thanks. B)

BTW: This is my own personal opinion, Gregg had nothing to do with it. It's strictly my personal post.

That means you all need to break down and subscribe!   ...Subscribe to support this effort!

Not everyone can pony up, but if you can't there's an easy answer. Put the subscription on your Xmas or birthday wish list. It's a fairly low cost effort for somebody who doesn't know what to get you and doesn't want to spend an arm and leg. I haven't paid for a subscription yet and I also haven't missed an issue in a couple years :D. 

I'm a little late to the party.  I am a long time subscriber and yes, more often than not, my magazine was damaged when I pulled it out of my mailbox.  I received my latest magazine, in its bag, in perfect condition!  So let me say "Thank you" to everyone at MCM who was responsible for making this happen!  I understand it was not MCM's fault, but rather the USPS's fault the magazine was damaged.  Thanks for stepping up to take care of your subscribers.

People only complain.
They rarely compliment.
And most of the members here don't even subscribe...

:rolleyes:

Too true. And so many people don't even realize that this site isn't free. Yeah, it's free to them. But somebody is paying for it so that it's free to them.

Gino - I subscribed when I found out Tim Ahlborn has a column - Truckers Corner !

cool !   I have been admiring tim's work for years ! I realized he had a column when I checked out this site

truckers corner will be the first thing I check out when my subscription arrives !

Hey we got a rally going!   How many more will step up and subscribe today???  

Seriously guys, the magazine is a great thing.  You will find that you know most of the writers from hanging around the Internet and shows.  It's written by friends for friends!

Maybe they think it's too little too late?

That would be a short-sighted, myopic point of view.  It's not a donation.

One gets great value from a subscription.  

The magazine is terrific!  Receiving it at your residence without having to travel to a retail store and spend fuel and time to retrieve it is fantastic.  

And, it supports the magazine with subscriber numbers which drive advertising rates which means financial stability.  Win-win.

What's not to love?  

Most forums I am on, (ones that aren't selling something like a magazine), have a way to financially contribute. Like $20 for a year of being a contributing member, ad free, stuff like that. Is that anything that has been thought of here?
I know, this being a modeler site there is a tendency towards being frugal ( I decided to change my first choice) by participants,  but for those like me where the magazine is a bit too much money (sorry, it just is. I'm old fashioned. when a subscription was for 12 magazines in a year) it would be another way to help out.  Even a way to just donate $10 or whatever. If it is here already I have missed it.

Just a thought, for whatever it is worth.

Russ

People only complain.
They rarely compliment.
And most of the members here don't even subscribe...

:rolleyes:

I subscribe and would love to send a  compliment if my magazine #200 would only show up so I could see for myself this new protector. I have every issue since it started in 1999 so I must truly enjoy it. Richard