Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Impala Coupe

parkflyrer 50

Okay guys..Heres my 1st completion for the year..The AMT / Ertl 58 Chevy Impala Coupe. I used testors aztek pearl green and put a set of pegusus wheels on it.. I went kinda simple on this one only because I don't have alot of hobby time these days (a bad case of bronchitis and time off work) gave me the extra time to finish this one within a weeks time.. This kit went together fairly well, most of the parts fitment was okay and the bmf on this kit was definately a patience tester. Thanks to Tulio "lovefordgalaxie" I learned the process of foiling the fender lettering.. I also discovered I don't particularly care for opening doors hence the black door jambs that should have been green. I was gonna go two tone but decided not to only because I started two other kits with two tone paint but had to put them back on the shelf..hopefully you won't find too many flaws ( rememder I was sick:()  compared to some of the works of art in these forums.. Thanks guys

20160315_182819.jpg

20160315_182449.jpg

20160315_182646.jpg

Yep, the paint looks early 60's. I'm not in love with the wheels (I'm more old fashioned, even drive on bias ply tires) but the car as a whole is great. No need for apologizing. 

Some time ago, a '56 Ford in 60's style custom was posted here, and the model was a work of art, with painted on scallops on a white and maroon paint.  The kit has opening doors, and the builder decided to glue them shut. Nobody even noticed that, and I don't think it's a flaw at all. If you don't like opening doors, just glue them shut and be happy.