Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Torino GT WIP Finished.

Samiches

I have a couple of questions. First, how did you get your wheels painted so nice and sharp? Second, after seeing your under glass post, did the steering come posable or did you make it that way? If you made it posable, how did you do it?

And of course your build looks awesome. One day I'll be there.

I herd engine was a one off concept Ford was working on. 

The 429 wasn't a one-off ; it was a new(er) engine , part of the so-called "385-Series" ( 429** and 460 cubes ) . IIRC , 1970 was its first year (same with the 460 , though that was initially a big car powerplant ) ; a slated replacement for the ageing "F-E" ( 352 - 360 - 390 - 427 - 428 ) and "M-E-L" ( ? -420 - 430 - ? ) line-of-engines .

Please , correct my information if it is wrong .

** The 1969 BOSS 429 was actually part of the 385-Series , IIRC , making 1969 its premiere .

Edited by 1972coronet

I have a couple of questions. First, how did you get your wheels painted so nice and sharp? Second, after seeing your under glass post, did the steering come posable or did you make it that way? If you made it posable, how did you do it?

And of course your build looks awesome. One day I'll be there.

I used acrylic paint in the wheels which is easy to clean up with a toothpick.  To answer you second question, the poseable steering is part of the kit engineering.  Thanks for the nice comments, it came out very well.  I've only been doing models as an adult for the last couple of years, and the tips and tricks that people share on these model forums are super helpful and the reason my models aren't glue bombs any more.  Another tip that I learned is to know when to walk away from my model and let stuff dry, or just get a different perspective.  Sometimes you have to completely strip the paint on your model and start over.  You get out what you put in.

The 429 wasn't a one-off ; it was a new(er) engine , part of the so-called "385-Series" ( 429** and 460 cubes ) . IIRC , 1970 was its first year (same with the 460 , though that was initially a big car powerplant ) ; a slated replacement for the ageing "F-E" ( 352 - 360 - 390 - 427 - 428 ) and "M-E-L" ( ? -420 - 430 - ? ) line-of-engines .

Please , correct my information if it is wrong .

** The 1969 BOSS 429 was actually part of the 385-Series , IIRC , making 1969 its premiere .

I was just joking around, l forgot the emoticons.  

But thanks for the history refresher. ?