Model Cars Magazine Forum

Movie directors... your opinion?

Harry P.

Wow, that was a LONG time ago. I think that was among his first directing gigs.

As someone else mentioned, Pale Rider was kind of a semi-remake of HPD. Pale Rider is one of my favorite Eastwood westerns. It's one a lot of people overlook/forget.

Pale Rider is a ripoff of Shane

Pale Rider is a ripoff of Shane

You could say the same about a lot of westerns, like Hondo, where a mysterious stranger comes to save the day for simple folk. But this is different, and he's not there to save the day -- It's by far Eastwood's most ambitious film, storywise - a Biblical allegory. Eastwood said that his character was "an out-and-out ghost."

Taken from Revelations..."...behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Highest-grossing western of the '80s.

Edited by sjordan2

• 3 months later...

You could say the same about a lot of westerns, like Hondo, where a mysterious stranger comes to save the day for simple folk. But this is different, and he's not there to save the day -- It's by far Eastwood's most ambitious film, storywise - a Biblical allegory. Eastwood said that his character was "an out-and-out ghost."

Taken from Revelations..."...behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Highest-grossing western of the '80s.

All movies, books and storylines are based on just six plots. 

The Coen brothers.

Sorry. When they deemed themselves worthy to remake True Grit, and gave us that travesty, they lost my respect.

Ever since Blade Runner, I've been a Ridley Scott fan. Other notable films include Gladiator, Thelma and Louise, Black Hawk Down...

Not necessarily my vote for the best, but certainly up there. :D

Ridley would get my vote. I will see his films on faith alone. My favorite is A Kingdom of Heaven.

, Burton, Tarantino, and Abrams are also favorites that will pull me into a theater.

Edited by Jantrix