Model Cars Magazine Forum

RR is for Road Race. This is my idea of a race truck. Twin turbo Viper V10 of course & a "slightly" lower body with aero mods. Still a lot to do but you can see where its going.

Brian

8" chop

20" chop!

URL=http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/brianl3/media/L-700 RR/DSCF3984_zps7sbbzjsn.jpg.html]http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff362/brianl3/L-700 RR/DSCF3984_zps7sbbzjsn.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I was a little worried posting something so different on a truck site..... Have to admit that I am enjoying my first truck build though.

Jonathan.  I have moved the rear axle in & out a couple of times & at the moment the gearbox is about a millimetre from the diff but I'll cut the extension housing off & put a shorter one on to give it a shaft although it will be short !!.

Proportions & stance are about right now so I'll start on the rear nerf bar. I'll try hanging a bit of a diffuser off it some how.

Colour will be hemi orange with silver stripes & features.

Hope it keeps you amused !!

Brian

First hit with the primer to find the bits that still need cleaning up - Lots to do!

Body shape & proportions are pretty well fixed now. Happy with the front end. At the moment I think I'll just put a couple of big Gurney flaps on the rear fenders & leave it simple. Cockpit next. With that big screen I'll be able to put some detail into it - belts, cables, ducting etc

Thanks

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not enough progress to justify a lot of photos but at least it is progress. Engine installation is complete bar the radiator hoses & blow off valves that need to go on after the rear body is in place. Silver is stripe colour & will be masked for the overall orange. 90% of the cockpit detail is done just waiting for paint before fitting

B

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting idea, but Bonneville Slat Flats would be about the Only place it could run

with the width of the front axle track, and how close the fenders & skirts are, you can Only turn it by Tow truck!!!!

or replace all that fiberglass/carbon fiber at EVERY pitstop!!!!!!!!

For aerodynamic reasons the front tires should Not stuck out past the fenders!!!

But, it will also force WIDE turns due to limiting how tight a radius they fronts can steer!did not do so well here.

They still do it all over Europe, Asia & even Assie!!

I even have a couple PC game demos of Semi truck racing

Too bad semi cab racing