Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 foot Galactica- Completed!!!

Looks fabulous. I have a buddy that will just love this. I don't do a whole lot of sci-fi stuff, but I hope to at least start the kit below this winter. I won't go all nuts on it like you have, with optics and all, but it's certainly tempting.

Thanks guys. I'm planning on doing just that, some outdoor at dusk pics, all lit up. I just need to get the fabric!

That Enterprise will look just fantastic even if you don't light it.

I'll look forward to seeing that.

The Enterprise was purchased for me by a very good friend. It's pretty large, not as large as the Galactica, but large enough.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, they are very appreciated.

While Mike did a fantastic job on making this huge resin kit, I did make some improvements. Some areas were lacking in detail. The bridge, nose and two domes on the back just didn't match the level of detail the rest of the kit had. I talked to a designer on Shapeways (Tony aka 308bits) and asked if he would be interested in designing some replacement parts. He said yes and the first part made available was a new more accurate bridge. Other parts followed and are displayed on my build. Some of these parts I believe were also re-sized to be used on the smaller Moebius kit as well. Without Tony's help and Mike's wonderful kit I'd still be starring at my old crappy Monogram kit!

Here is a link to the Shapeways parts.

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=galactika&type=

• 2 weeks later...