Model Cars Magazine Forum
Furiousgeorge

'69 Plymouth GTX

I'm trying to get this one banged out for a local contest to sit with a box stock Super Bee. I'm a fair ways into this one already, so I should be able to keep up with a wip! 

Color is Tamiya sky blue, the interior is white. I went with a 440 4bbl, with the intake and coil from the Revell '68 Charger, and the carb from the AMT '71 Charger. It's wired and plumbed, though not quite done yet. I'm also adding bits from the '68 Dart (door handles, wipers and whatever else strikes my fancy). I've got a set of the pad printed Polyglass tires to throw on. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks very good!!!

How do you have make that chroom by the wheel walls?

It's probably Bare Metal Foil or one of its variants. A couple other companies make similar products.

Trent, nice work! how did you get the color for the exhaust manifolds? Looks pretty real, they look textured as well, thanks.

Thanks! The manifolds are painted Testors rust. They're nicely done pieces, and the texturing shows through paint nicely.

Thanks! The manifolds are painted Testors rust. They're nicely done pieces, and the texturing shows through paint nicely.

Ya, I think they look really good, thanks for the info. I'll have to pick me up some of that paint, is it a 3oz bottle? 

Very, very nice! And thanks for using black plug wires for a stock build and not yellow or blue. B)

Speedfreak mine is the little square 1/4 oz bottle, #1185.

Snake45 I have used yellow in the past, but only for racing or hotrodded engines. 

That's going to be a beautiful car when finished. Lots of good detail going in... I can't bring myself to go that far. I have trouble with tiny parts!

Snake45 I have used yellow in the past, but only for racing or hotrodded engines.

And that is exactly where they belong. B)

engine looks superb! body color is a beauty as well. keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks for all the kind words! I just got off of working nights, and got a little bit accomplished. The engine bay is done, hopefully it holds together when I jam it into the body! I always hate that stage of a build...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice work!  This model makes me ask, when Mopar painted the rockers black, did they mask off the underside so the black didn't get on the bottom?  Anybody know?