Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motown Missle Willys

No , the wheels are from one of the older Revell Willys kits ..... I wish I had about 20 more pairs of Bob Dudek's aluminum slots which are similar . 

Did you shoot them with some kind of clear or something? 'Cause it doesn't look like 'model' chrome. Anyway they look good.

Ed , 

You won't regret it for one minute ! I have found that when I am teaching , more often than not , I am learning at the same time myself . They are well worth the cost ! 

Tim , 

As of late ,  I have been doing far more commission work then building for myself . I am scrambling right now to complete as many bodies as I can for the NNL East show in April . I have more than a few projects started for myself but I am up to my ears in commissioned work and they simply sit on the shelves , giving me dirty looks ..... Lol ! 

I will be posting more pictures as time permits .... 

Thank ya'll for the compliments , they are greatly appreciated ! 

Ed , 

You won't regret it for one minute ! I have found that when I am teaching , more often than not , I am learning at the same time myself . They are well worth the cost !

Donn, I've no doubt there'll be no regrets, and in the next week or so you ought to be gettin' a Check fron S.E. Arizona. I taught Electronics Assenbly back in the late '70's (Soldering, Wire Harness Assembly, which included Lacing to Mil Spec., Component ID etc.) and Semi Conductor Wafer Fab, mainly Die attachment and Wire Bonding. And there wasn't a Class that pased that I didn't learn more than the Students! Almost always as the result of a question where I when  "Huh??" and had to think way through someting or other I never worried about before the question.

Absolutely LOVE the 'what if' ideas.  That's the beautiful part of modeling is that only your imagination is the limiting factor.  What if Don Carlton had a nitro breathing brute, ala 'Fantasia'?  Would it have been a tank?  Could he have beaten the old altered funny cars with it?  I think your Willys is one of the cooler ideas I have seen in the drag racing part of the forums in a long time!  And your paint looks AWESOME!