Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Dodge A330

Mercelo

This is my very  first post on this forum, so here goes.  This is the Lindberg Ramchargers kit I finished up a few years back. I was inspired from a picture of exactly this car I came across in one of my many muscle car books. I didn't fuss too much, just added a few touches under the hood, some wiring, and some nice 5- spokes. It's not the prettiest car, but there was something about it I thought was cool. Thanks100_5242.thumb.jpg.5cb3178d2da8c3aa73ece100_5243.thumb.jpg.bd539b64b96b1911c60f1100_5264.thumb.jpg.d92009e858b1394e9ee60

Looks fantastic almost exactly like the real thing !! A near perfect build I think !!!

WOW, what a beautiful car!!

That proves my theory that anything looks great in black, even a Mopar.:rolleyes:

Take it easy to drive, you have radials up front and bias ply on rear. I would ditch the radials and install two more bias on the front.

I may end buying one of those kits. I have a 427 SOHC I would love to put in the engine bay. 

• 1 month later...

WOW!  I'am working on one now..I know it won't be as "Killer" as yours or as clean and detailed..Question, did you build the engine compartment then install the engine or visa versa..I built the compartment so I could paint it with the car...If I have to I will install the engine from the bottom of chassis with the "K" frame installation..I'am doing the 330 Stock 2 dr sedan.  My car will be box stock and painted 64 Dodge light green, mixed at a body supplier, in a bomb..Its polished and looks smooth as yours but not the depth because its a lighter green..Your build is awsome and hope mine turns out half as good as yours...

WOW!  I'am working on one now..I know it won't be as "Killer" as yours or as clean and detailed..Question, did you build the engine compartment then install the engine or visa versa..I built the compartment so I could paint it with the car...If I have to I will install the engine from the bottom of chassis with the "K" frame installation..I'am doing the 330 Stock 2 dr sedan.  My car will be box stock and painted 64 Dodge light green, mixed at a body supplier, in a bomb..Its polished and looks smooth as yours but not the depth because its a lighter green..Your build is awsome and hope mine turns out half as good as yours...

Thanks for your encouraging words Wayne, I'm glad you like it, and best of luck with your build. If I understand what you're asking correctly... I build and paint the engine compartment first,  so it can be painted at the same time as the body. Then install the engine along with the chassis. Thanks again.

That's a beautiful model.  Your paint job looks great and I agree the others, it looks great in black.  In fact, there's a guy around here that drive one that looks very much like your model with the only difference the wheels.

I also think that is a great kit (scale problems and all?).  I've built one and now I want to try it again!

Thanks for your encouraging words Wayne, I'm glad you like it, and best of luck with your build. If I understand what you're asking correctly... I build and paint the engine compartment first,  so it can be painted at the same time as the body. Then install the engine along with the chassis. Thanks again.

Thank you..I had glued it to the chassis after I painted it so I hope it works out good..Did the same to a 64 Belvedere that I grafted a Dodge 330 roof on..Haven't painted it yet but quite possibly tomorrow night..