Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth w900 wrecker (ROG kit)

This is my first real attempt at a heavy truck model so be gentle.

I actually started this kit over a 3 years ago but due to some paint snafu's it got boxed up till this week,

Thanks to the phenomenal customer service from revell ill have a new cab/hood on the way soon so i started tackling the wrecker body. As my username may suggest im a machinist by trade so ill be making some goodies for it. Going to see how good i can machine a set of hydraulic cylinders for the boom, otherwise ill use the kit ones.  Heres a few pictures of my very limited progress so far. 

20160321_224049.jpg

Mark,

Judging by the photos of what you've done so far. I doubt you will have any problems here . Besides  like Jonathon said. "This side of the Forum is the Gentle Giant !"

I will be looking forward to seeing your boom cylinders !

Be Well

Gator

No pictures tonight but a small update, made some headway stripping my previous attempt at a paintjob so thats encouraging. I may not need that new cab/hood afterall. Also started plumbimg the engine. Got a few of the injector lines bent and mounted. Started polishing the tubing for the stacks and front bumper as well.