Model Cars Magazine Forum
PatW

'49 Mercury Woody

Lowered slightly at the front, painted bumpers and sun visor woody finish, made surf board used my decals on the bottom and Custom Hummer kit decal on top, also used Pheonix Toys Happy Camper set for chairs, Cola box and food chiller.......

23_zpslagdrjk2.jpg

seem to have cobwebs above headlights!

Also made roof rails....

Edited by PatW

Whoa! Can I have the keys to this Woodie? Beautiful job on this one, the extras really add to it. Love to have it my my stable.

Congrats! Misha

Very cool, I'm stealing that idea for the trim around the wood, looks awesome!

Well thanks guys, what an instant reaction! Yes Colby I didn't know whether to do the surround in chrome tape/BMF or not.

Yeah, I like it more and more as I look at it...normally it's done in wood trim, but this looks so much more "hot rod" and bada**! 

That's right Colby, definitely more 'hot rod'.

Looks like a real fun build. This kit offers so many different ways to build. I would never have thought of the "metal" wood trim.  

Thanks guys, the way I see it we all have an imagination so need to use it!

Hey Pat , that's pretty coool !  The window stickers and surfboards are perfect ! :D

Thanks Bob, I wish that most trendy surf style kits offered the surfing and holiday destination window decals, they make all the difference. Silly me should have scanned them before using, and print some more.

Yes I copied another board that I had made in plaster and just used nice thick plasticard and some home printed hella flush type decals.

I've now started on the Surfite/Ticki kit and when built will be suitably modified, colour, decal and wheel/tyre wise and possibly with a trailer and extra  sufboards!

Edited by PatW

Thanks Tommy, yes woodies and surfing certainly do go together, and the moore we see the better.