Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bob Glidden's MotorCraft Thunder Bird

Mercelo

image.thumb.jpeg.370973ee24d4bf1725574ccimage.thumb.jpeg.5ac33d5fb9b27ecd447d9bdimage.thumb.jpeg.ca8b2f17af4276a1ab98874image.thumb.jpeg.370973ee24d4bf1725574ccimage.thumb.jpeg.71886cfaa91761b18b6ab0aimage.thumb.jpeg.32f0df5d1136e1fab0fd7d0This is the old original issue of this kit, which was a real nice kit, l have to admit l was impressed with the fit. Only problem l had was the old decals....brutal, couldn't make them work.  So luckily, l had two of these kits in my stash, and the second one was still sealed so l was forced to rob the decals from it. Still not the best!  I painted the stripes rather than using the kit decals so l could ensure everything matched nicely color wise.

Thank you, fellow modellers, l love the comments. Yes ( Futureattraction) you are correct sir, l almost always strip the chrome parts off my models, and then use the Alclad system with either chrome or polished aluminum to obtain (in my opinion) a more believable look. I was pleased with the turn out of the wheels, on this model, but as you probably know, it doesn't always work out perfectly....there is a fine line to be walked, when trying to achieve a chrome look for sure.  Good eye, thanks for the nice comments.

Thanks again everybody, just to answer your question dragcarz, no l did not alter the ride height, and l to was most impressed by how nicely the front end sits way down perfectly.....l was really impressed with this kit all the way around.

Very nice job on this Pro Stock Ford! I have the same kit in my stash waiting to be built, but I'm missing the decals for it... Anyway you did a great job on this. The paint and decal work looks really good to me even though you had some problems, and sharp details in the engine bay look good too. Nice work.