Model Cars Magazine Forum

Canadian rock and roll bands

Harry P.

The big question:   Has Canada produced enough good bands that we can forgive them for Justin Bieber??  :wacko:

No.  And even when they do, you can then throw in Celine Dion...

No, No, No ,,Forget that ! They're on your side of the border, they're yours now, no take backs !! 

The big question:   Has Canada produced enough good bands that we can forgive them for Justin Bieber??  :wacko:

There can never be any forgiveness for Justin Bieber! In fact, Justin Bieber is Exhibit A for why we need a wall on our northern border!!! :lol::P

How do you post a video from youtube anyway? I can't seem to figure it out.

When you're in youtube, on your video's page, all you do is copy the URL address (at the top of your browser window) and paste it here. Presto! We see the video!

Besides, Dion dosen't feel Quebec is a part of Canada anyway, she doesn't see herself as Canadian.

Is the separatist movement still alive? Geez, you'd think that with Justin Trudeau having been elected PM, the Frenchies would be happy... :rolleyes:

Ooops... that politics. Can't say that here.

Oh, wait...that's Canadian politics.

Never mind, I'm ok... :P

Is the separatist movement still alive? Geez, you'd think that with Justin Trudeau having been elected PM, the Frenchies would be happy... :rolleyes:

If you post an english sign in a shop window in Montreal, you can be fined or arrested.  seriously. And at least one Montreal shop has had it's english language internet shop shut down 

http://world.time.com/2013/04/08/quebecs-war-on-english-language-politics-intensify-in-canadian-province/

Meanwhile, here in New Brunswick, which is officially bi-lingual, there's a big debate going on about segregated bussing for school kids. They have to take seprate busses for french and english even if there's only a handful [or one] kid that speaks whatever language on the bus route. It's ridiculous. :rolleyes: 

Wow. That is pretty ridiculous. :(

Yea, when you make an Italian restaurant remove the word "pasta" from the menu., well,,  LOL 

Most of this stuff in Quebec happened a couple years ago but it's still going on and occasionally in the news.

Edited by Can-Con

If you post an english sign in a shop window in Montreal, you can be fined or arrested.  seriously. And at least one Montreal shop has had it's english language internet shop shut down 

Maybe six years ago I went on a business trip to my company location in Quebec.  I went into a restaurant that the local staff had recommended.  The waiter knew I was an American and spoke English only but gave me a French menu. I managed to understand enough to order something and he made faces as I pronounced things wrong.  Made my trip there miserable. I told my colleagues what happened the next day at the office and they were furious.  They said that restaurant had English menus!

Edited by Tom Geiger