Model Cars Magazine Forum

MACK Superliner flatbed

Hello, mates!

It's been a while since my last post, sorry for that. So I'm glad to introduce you the model I finished just on 31 of December, 2015. By the way, this is the first big rig I was building

I took an Italeri kit and carried on a little conversion. The cab was given a rear wall as I wanted it as a daycab.

The bed is made from styrene sheets and profiles, the boards were cut from balsa wood sheet. 

I also made straight exhaust pipes from styrene rod and added mounting brakets made from wire and square profile.

The truck has got some aftermarket parts - super-single front tires, six-spoke resin rims, photoetched badges on the hood and grille and the dog, of course.

As you can see I tried to represent some wiring and plumbing under the hood and chasis, of course that is not 100% close.

The final point is the weathering. You know, I like to give a 1/24 scale model some weathering, because it geves you much more opportunities than 1/35 scale. The effects you can see on cars and trucks in a real life are varied extremely wide, so there's a full scope to train your skills.

As a result of it all - here we got this old, ratty but still sturdy workhorse straight from some construction site or a junkyard.

I hope you'll enjoy it. Greetings from Russia!

IMG_6759.thumb.jpg.369669fcd5cdc534e37ff

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6758.jpg

IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6754.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

IMG_6749.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6744.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_6739.jpg

IMG_6737.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg

IMG_6735.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6752222.jpg

Edited by Vbad

great work !

Great build, great weathering, great photography...outstanding!!!

Fantastic looking Superliner, Dmitry.  Weathering is spot on.  Very well done.

I agree with all of these comments !

Be Well

Gator