Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford NOT What you think!

James2

Thanks guys I always enjoy your feedback. Here is a little teaser pic with some of the parts I found. Keep in mind there will be much cutting and some other changes along the way. I have some what of a picture in my head but I really like to let the car build it self, if you know what I mean.

Tom thanks for the tip, but I do plan on using the Beatnik interior and much like the real show cars the bubble would have to be up in order to drive any way.

I'm not a street rod kinda guy, but my curiosity got the best of me, and all I can say is WOW! I would never have thought about using a bubble top on a street rod! B)

I'll definitely be a lot more curious to see where this one goes! 

Edited by MrObsessive

Maybe it's what you have planned, but I can see the lower parking/signal lights from the Cadillac bumper being used incorporating that part of the bumper as light pods, and turn them into modern projection beam style headlights. Stripping the chrome and doing a little body work to the cut areas on the bumper then paint body color, and use either foil or good silver in the light buckets, I've heard of guys using alclad chrome with a brush in small spots like that with good luck.

Keep on building it's really got that "Look" to it.

I always do exactly what the plastic tell me to do!

Del your spot on with the turn signals, and here is a small update. The devil is in the details, no matter how subtle!

I made some curved fillers to cover  the space between the rear tire and fenders and than added a piece at the floor board and fire wall to help take away the squareness. More to come.... 

IMG_2814.jpg

Edited by James2