Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Lil Vicky, outlaw style

Tyler62990

So I just wrapped this one up today with the eception of the license plate that I'll make another day. I started with the AMT Lil Vicky kit, which goes together very well for its age. The hardest thing about it was deciding whick way to go with it, stock or drag lol. The mods are pretty run of the mill, including a wired and plumbed engine, two resin .38s in the grill bar for that outlaw look, and a wheel and tire swap from the AMT '34 Ford kit. The paint is Tamiya Gloss Black (TS-14 I believe) over Duplicolor grey primer, both straight from the can. The car was sanded with 8,000 and 12,000 grit pads, the polished out with Meguiars Scratch X. Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.

Very nice. Excellent details and paint! Please build us another one with bullet holes.

I still have a 28 Lincoln to build and may go that route. I really want to build a mobster inspired diorama.

Great job! I don't remember when I have seen that kit built stock.

There's a guy on here, Tulio I believe his name is, that did one like this a while back that is absolutely gorgeous. That's actually what made me want to do this one. 

• 4 weeks later...