Model Cars Magazine Forum

My project car

Coyote79

Im new to this sight but i might as well post up my car im building right now, i have been working on this car for about 2 years, it/'s all scratch built, im not done with the body but geting there, it has been an on and off project lots and lot's of sanding was done, it's a delahaye pacific car, i have done alot more since these pictures where taken and lot more sanding lol

dcar.jpg

dcar2.jpg

That shape is looking good. Give us some new photos if you have!  :)

I just added some bondo and putty to feel up the gap in my hood after i just stretch out the car a bit, as it was a bit short from the 1:1 car  i cut out my back window  took like an hour to do, i have to do some more filling in the back of the car with some aves,  then after that'  im going to shape the doors add flairs to the fenders, and roof and  little small details after that and i might cast it after it'/s all done before it moves to primer and paint

projectcar4.jpg

project car1.jpg

Nice overall shape. :D

Scratch-built, or made up from parts of other models?

i used the outer shell of the fenders from another kit, sep i even had too chop them up and make them my own, as they  where not what i wanted, roof is scratch built i started with plastic strips then i used some aves to give it the curve i need, i used one door from another kit but had to make a new one as i lost the other side , the doors are geting reshape  and cut out,,, i did startout with a black hood from another kit sep i just scraped it the other day and made a new one with vents cut out as the old one would not shape well  from it was warped and would never go back to normal

• 3 weeks later...