Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks Sean.

This weekends update on the Mack. The fenders are pretty much finished. I dont have any photos showing the back ends of the fenders at the doors. I added some headlight protection just because I thought it needed it, being a quarry truck. I threw it in some primer just see how things were looking.

It looks like its just a hair bigger than the Brockway

wow !   that looks great terry !  love the way those fenders came out !

The fenders came out great!! Good call on the headlight protection. The weld seam for the cab protection looks real nice...did you use stretched sprue for it?

Terry those fenders look great. 

X's 4

Terry, Really nice job on the fender extensions and headlight bezels. I just might use that idea on my BRBO Pete !   :D   :D

As for the comparison to the Brockway , I would say that the Mack is more than a little larger !!  I like both. But that Mack is quickly becoming a favorite >

Be Well

Gator

Thanks for the kind words guys. Dennis, Im sorry to say thats just some sloppy glue.This update is just to show that I found my paint color. I was looking for an orange red, and I tried one that had a bad reaction. Its ok though because I didnt lke the shade. Its good that I only tested it on the bottom of the bed.

I found a Chevy red orange engine paint that is just what I was looking for. I gave it a shot on the spokes.Im very happy with it. What do you guys think?

The rims will be trimmed in silver

Terry , I also like what you are doing here this is a very interesting project !! Just two things I would change, First I think the fuel tanks are too close to the front wheels, on a 1 to 1 scale truck  I don't think there is enough clearance for those large  wheels to turn left or right . I would move tanks back  1/4 inch or more and second, I would flat clear coat the tires ,to much sheen for me. I like painting my tires with FLOQUIL" Grimy Black" a flat  gray black color . This is just my thoughts on your fine model , Now a few questions, how do you plan to raise the dump box? single or double hoist, also what do you use and how do you wrap the edges on the fenders with deck plating. Regards, Waterburybob

Terry the red wheels look good. I like the color  

X's 2 Good looking color choice!

Be Well

Gator

wheels look great I like the color !

That will be a beauty. I can only imagine its size in the real world.

Wow!! This is some great body work and fabrication!! I like the fenders!!

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the good comments. 

Terry , I also like what you are doing here this is a very interesting project !! Just two things I would change, First I think the fuel tanks are too close to the front wheels, on a 1 to 1 scale truck  I don't think there is enough clearance for those large  wheels to turn left or right . I would move tanks back  1/4 inch or more and second, I would flat clear coat the tires ,to much sheen for me. I like painting my tires with FLOQUIL" Grimy Black" a flat  gray black color . This is just my thoughts on your fine model , Now a few questions, how do you plan to raise the dump box? single or double hoist, also what do you use and how do you wrap the edges on the fenders with deck plating. Regards, Waterburybob

Hi Bob, how are you? I noticed the tanks right off, I just havent moved them yet. I lined them up with the cab, not taking into account the tire size. As for the sheen of the tires, Im planning on using dull coat on the tread and leaving the sidewalls a little glossy. As for the rams Im not sure yet. I would like to have dual rams, but I dont want to get carried away with scratch building so I may just use the kit parts. The diamond plate on the fenders is very thin from plastruct. I will try to find the package and give you the number. Its very easy to bend and roll around edges.

Looks great Terry! I like the color, and it's going to make the truck stand out. The wheels and tires were made for this...excellent choice.

Thanks Dennis.

Small update for tonight. I trimmed the rims in silver, made some brackets to hold the battery boxes(I almost left them off bc the aussie trucks have air starters,mbut the frame looked bare), moved the fuel tanks back, started working on the front bumper, and mounted an air tank. I could only find one tank, so Ill have to dig for another. 

Terry, I see you have moved the tanks back, looks much better!! I agree duel rams are not easy to scratch build , It would be great to know the product  #  on the plastruct you used I think it really came out nice on those fenders. Keep up the good work on this monster. Waterburybob

Terry, I see you have moved the tanks back, looks much better!! I agree duel rams are not easy to scratch build , It would be great to know the product  #  on the plastruct you used I think it really came out nice on those fenders. Keep up the good work on this monster. Waterburybob

Bob, heres the diamond plate I use. Its very thin, and comes in 8x10 sheets.

97A0898E-6232-44A3-9042-D44888AAF405_zps

97A0898E-6232-44A3-9042-D44888AAF405_zps

Terry, thanks for the info I just ordered some , can't wait to use it on my next build. I am sure others that are following your build here will find this info useful also. Regards, Waterburybob