Model Cars Magazine Forum

Terry,

You've got that looking really good .  I like the tailgate. But in MHO I think it is a bit too heavy duty as compared to the rest of the dump body.

That said . You did some really nice fabrication  on the tailgate. I also like the strip you put on the cab protector..

Be Well

Gator 

very nice !!!

Thanks Gino

Terry,

You've got that looking really good .  I like the tailgate. But in MHO I think it is a bit too heavy duty as compared to the rest of the dump body.

That said . You did some really nice fabrication  on the tailgate. I also like the strip you put on the cab protector..

Be Well

Gator 

Thanks gator. I was thinking the same thing about the tailgate. I just kinda sat down and started building it, then I held it up to the bed an realized it made the bed look weak. I will probably save this tailgate for another build and build a new one for this.

Thanks guys. I opted to build a new tailgate that better matches the construction of the body. I also built a fender for the dump body due to the tires sticking out past the sides. They still need more work, but Im currently trying to decide if Im happy woth them. Tell me what you think.

Good call on the fender...it looks nice!

x's  2

The trucks over here all have the fenders built onto the dump body and often have mudflaps hanging from them at both ends.

Be Well

Gator

Excellent work on this BEAST !!! I like what you did to make that dump body work.....I like the fenders, as well.....Everything looks awesome.....Those wheels and tires are just too cool.....Can't wait to see this one done..... Beautiful, Man.....Just beautiful....

• 4 weeks later...

That is a superb build! I love those big Macks. It reminds me of the DM800's we ran as rock trucks with aluminum Atlas bodies with automatic tailgates on them. The bodies looked almost exactly like what you built, but were aluminum. They also had fenders over the rear wheels, exactly like yours. VERY cool!

Edited by redneckrigger

That is a superb build! I love those big Macks. It reminds me of the DM800's we ran as rock trucks with aluminum Atlas bodies with automatic tailgates on them. The bodies looked almost exactly like what you built, but were aluminum. They also had fenders over the rear wheels, exactly like yours. VERY cool!

Thanks Tom. I really like these bodies. I have a few more of them set aside for builds similar to this. I wasnt going to build fenders on this one, but the resin wheels stuck out so far it looked unrealistic. I also have an Autocar project with the same body. 

Thanks Michael, Dennis, Gino, Dan and Gator. I was still stripping the old paint off the bottom of the body today, so no paint yet. Hopefully tomorrow!