Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks Tom. I really like these bodies. I have a few more of them set aside for builds similar to this. I wasnt going to build fenders on this one, but the resin wheels stuck out so far it looked unrealistic. I also have an Autocar project with the same body. 

Thanks Michael, Dennis, Gino, Dan and Gator. I was still stripping the old paint off the bottom of the body today, so no paint yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

Did you modify this body from something or scratch build it? Very nice!

Its an Italeri body. It came in these two kits that I know of. I added the tailgate and fenders. 

AF339BB3-E3C4-40E3-95C5-FAC9367867B5_zps

762731EC-D07A-4E09-AE08-88B981CB1AFB_zps

Ahhhhh.......I see! I now remember that kit. Yes, it looks almost exactly like the Atlas bodies we had. I started to make one by cutting down a Payhauler 350 body. Still needs a LOT of work. May just look for one of those. THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

After much sanding, a paint mishap, stripping it, and more sanding, I finally got some paint on the dump body. I still just have some chassis details to finish up such as, brake cans,drive shaft, steering linkage, and a few other things. 

I made a rock guard for the engine using brass strip and styrene sheet. 

I can't even think of a word to describe how awesome this truck is! It is definitely "Heavy Duty". Excellent work!!!

I couldn't agree more!

X's 3 they took the words right outa my mouth !

Be Well

Gator

I can't even think of a word to describe how awesome this truck is! It is definitely "Heavy Duty". Excellent work!!!

I couldn't agree more!

X's 3 they took the words right outa my mouth !

Be Well

Gator

looks great terry !    that's one mean machine !

That is absolutely fantastic!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking good Terry

Man, you've raised the bar with this one!!! Changing the wheels really made a huge difference on this kit!! Then you dropped on that quarry dump bed...wow..I'm speechless.  

Nice details on the wheels too, that combo really pops

Terry, looking good,  . hope you stay with this model and  finish it, Are you going to dullcoat the tires? look to shiny to me .Will be looking forward to pictures of  finished model.

I love these creative "what if" builds. Great work so far.

What is that old saying...Oh yeah, built like a Mack truck! Outstanding build!

Thanks a lot guys, you are too kind. Im ready to bring this thing into the home stretch. And yes Bob, I promise Im going to dull down the tires. That may be one of the last steps, but Im going to do it.

• 2 months later...

Not a lot to show, but still progress nonetheless. The chassis is ready for paint finally. Since last update, I installed the radiator, brake cans, drive shafts, steering box, and fabbed up a rear cab mount.Also the tailgate wasnt working for me, so I had to shorten it down. I reworked it and it looks a little better now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...