Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Barracuda copy of my 1:1 setting the stance 4/11/16

Skypower

This build is going take a while as I don't have much time for building right now, but since MPC just came out with a redo of the 69 Cuda I could not wait to get my hands on this Kit. I bought 3 kits just in case I screw things up, plus I just love these 2nd gen Cudas. I will be building this one as a copy of my 1:1 1969 Hemi Cuda. I will call the build "Hemi Cuda just for fun" the same as my build thread on Abodies for the 1:1. Hopefully I can do a good job as I am a very new builder with only a couple builds under my belt. Wish me luck.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Skypower

Well it's begun, the undercarriage on the Cuda is not very accurate so deciding what to do. Any undercarriage I use will need to be modified as my car has coil overs and ladder bars and since my skills are limited this will be a real challenge for me, so any suggestions or advice is welcome. The other undercarriages are from the 71 Duster and the Hemi Dart kits, the Dart seems to be the most accurate but will still need modding.

Bob

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Skypower

Small update after much tinkering and cutting I decided that the Cudas undercarriage just was not going to work. I will instead be using the Darts undercarriage and drive line modded to recreat my 1:1 here are a couple pics of where things are headed. The wheel base on the Dart kit was way off so a little cutting was in order, I think when this is all tied together things will work out fine.

image.jpg

image.jpg