Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's my space shuttle , it's a Monogram Kit , a Friend needed money , so I bought the unfinsh kit ,it's 1/72 in scale so it's HUGE. Still on the work bench ,as it has a satillite ,i guess , and something else for the Bay .. Not happy with the bottom where the nozzle's are , as the top didn't fit snug , so I glued it anyway .. would like to redo that ,but afraid the plastic would break in a irregular shape ,,, So not sure which decals to apply , there's columbia, or discovery decals ....and the shuttle is not glued to the tank ,  I was getting frustrated with all the painting ,and not building , but I finally got it together...... 

DSCI0002 (3).JPG

DSCI0001 (3).JPG

.......it's 1/72 in scale so it's HUGE.

Yes, it is!! That is a kit I have always wanted because it comes with the stack, I have two of the other 1/72 scale kits, a Revell issue from around the mid 2000s and an original issue in "Young Astronauts" packaging. 

I've never started the original, but did get this far on the Revell version. 

I think the Revell issue MAY have been a new tool or at least a modified reissue, because it has far better tile detail than the Monogram version, and if I remember the Monogram didn't have the top of the cockpit separate as the Revell does. 

I also have the Apollo 11 waiting to see some bench time! :)

Not Sure what you mean by the stack ? You should build that shuttle it looks good , although the painting  is gonna take some time . That was the hardest , all the masking I did , just crazy , then I did some more masking a second time cause I didn't like the way the paint ( black) bled through the white. My interior was a piece you had to paint and ,glue seats in ,,, then glue into the body of the shuttle... If that helps ,,, Yeah my friend said he paid $80.00 for it, and then he stop working on it , then lost his job, and then needed money , so I bought it for $40. plus got a dodge daytona 1/24 scale charger , maybe I should start working on that , it's got the rear wing , that's 4 foot high . Mike .... Your right no tile on Mine !

You got some cool unbuilt  models .... that 1959 Rambler looks rare .... Save the box too.... I framed the miss Deal funny car box ,and double whammy .. That Papa truck looks interesting ,,, you could have a tow Rig....

Your right the top is not seprate , like yours, mine is paint it , glue it , glue it in the shell .. I got glue on the top glass , but didn't realize it till it dried !  I guess I could take it out and just add some cheap clear plastic from a house hold product ,that still comes in it's clear packaging , if you know what I mean .... 

Not Sure what you mean by the stack ? You should build that shuttle it looks good , although the painting  is gonna take some time . That was the hardest , all the masking I did , just crazy , then I did some more masking a second time cause I didn't like the way the paint ( black) bled through the white. My interior was a piece you had to paint and ,glue seats in ,,, then glue into the body of the shuttle... If that helps ,,, Yeah my friend said he paid $80.00 for it, and then he stop working on it , then lost his job, and then needed money , so I bought it for $40. plus got a dodge daytona 1/24 scale charger , maybe I should start working on that , it's got the rear wing , that's 4 foot high . Mike .... Your right no tile on Mine !

The stack is the boosters and fuel tank. Someday I'm going to get back to work on mine, life put everything on the back burner for quite a while. 

You got some cool unbuilt  models .... that 1959 Rambler looks rare .... Save the box too.... I framed the miss Deal funny car box ,and double whammy .. That Papa truck looks interesting ,,, you could have a tow Rig....

Thanks, and that isn't even a small part of my collection, These are from about 6 years ago, 

and two moves since these pics and life getting in the way meant most is in storage now. I had to rent a two bedroom apartment just for me and my collection!! :lol::lol: 

Actually, I don't think the Rambler is too rare, it was a release from the 2000s if I remember correctly. Papa Truck is actually on my bench right now, and I have a build thread here in the "Truck" section on it. It's not going to be a transporter though, I'm turning it into a custom tractor trailer. 

• 2 months later...