Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Beetle

Volksfan

I'm working on two models but making separate discussions for them. I'm building a Meyers Manx but we are focusing on my revel beetle.

Paint (spray cans): 3 coats of Tamiya white primer, 3 coats of Tamiya ts-34 camel yellow, and 3 coats of Tamiya Ts-13 clear.

I did wet sand the body but a little to much on a few places like around a headlight but not to noticeable (I'm a beginner)

image.jpeg

Engine complete and is wired up.

I also start the chassis.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tyler, Are sure your a beginner ? I've seen your two paint jobs and the detail work on this engine sure looks like you have a lot more modeling experience than most beginners. This is turning out just as good as your dune buggy.

Big update:

I finished the chassis and the interior. I need to clean some spots on the seat backs with some thinner or alcohol. This was my first time using decals. I used the us spec speedometer and the Wolfsburg crest for the steering wheel.

I painted the radio because I thought the decade looked a little cartoony.

First, a real vw wheel from the same period:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working on many ther things on the model but last night a put before on the side spears. Since it was my first time it was a pain in the neck! <_< It is not perfect but it looks better than silver paint or the chrome decals that came with the kit.

Ive been working with bmf on the Windows. Pics of those coming soon

I almost forgot, I used meguairs scratch X 2.0 to give it a better shine. It looks better in person.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg