Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 3rd Quarter 2016

gasman

I want one of them and have one built. The release of the Ramcharger will hurt one of the part pirates on ebay...

Gee, that really makes me, well, not care about his sales! Maybe he can use what he has left to build a new one with "Original Parts"! 

I don't know this for a certainty, but it would appear the '57 Ford gasser kit will be a replica of a car built by D&M Corvette, the outfit that built the '62 Corvette gasser upon which Revell's kit was based. Revell has been rumored to have another licensed D&M kit in the pipeline. 

Here's a link to an article about the 1:1 car:

http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2015/02/1957-Ford--Gasser-/3747131.html

Edited by Allen Wrench

I don't know this for a certainty, but it would appear the '57 Ford gasser kit will be a replica of a car built by D&M Corvette, the outfit that built the '62 Corvette gasser upon which Revell's kit was based. Revell has been rumored to have another licensed D&M kit in the pipeline. 

Thank you for this information. Good stuff and you are probably right about the kit.  Thanks.    Jeff 

There are 3 Nova kits. The Yenko which is just an SS with a BBC and Yenko decals and is not capable of being built as a correct Yenko car OOB. Then the Nova SS with the 350 SBC and drag racing parts, then the "COPO" Nova - which was hashed out around here at the time of release, and determined with relative certainty that there is NO such thing as a '69 COPO Nova to begin with - that included all the missing base line parts to fix the Yenko kit and had the SS parts tossed in so you could (with included decals) make SS 396 Nova out of what was leftover once you made a Yenko out of both kits. 

Thanks for the clarification, I knew there was discussion at one time about the COPO having needed Yenko parts.

I'm looking forward to the 57 gasser kit. I bought a kit to steal some parts from to make the 57 wagon I have I not a gasser, but haven't gotten around to it yet. This will be easier.i like easier. 

Russ

Edited by russosborne
stupid auto spell

Added the Ramcharger to my Tower Hobbies Wish List. I will see about the others but already have most of them in the stash. Might have to buy a couple of the Ramchargers so I can convert a couple of old LRE kits into 4wd and the Ramcharger into a 2wd.

Mike take a look at the Ramcharger before buying a couple of them.  The chassis is pretty simple with open top axles and such. And it's 1/24 scale. There is no floor pan, just the interior bucket and you can see up into the doors etc on the sides.  I actually made panels to fill all that in.  It makes a decent shelf model that I never open the hood.  

DSC00341

Mike take a look at the Ramcharger before buying a couple of them.  The chassis is pretty simple with open top axles and such. And it's 1/24 scale. There is no floor pan, just the interior bucket and you can see up into the doors etc on the sides.  I actually made panels to fill all that in.  It makes a decent shelf model that I never open the hood.  

I for the most part, display my completed models on their tires, so being able to see up the side is not a issue for me :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

I've never had the monogram ramcharger,but It sounds like normal monogram with parts open and not complete..its more work,but I just complete the parts by scratch building whats needed.I will be getting a few.I wished revell would reissue the hangman kit.I believe it was a daniels design. I build it as a dumb kid did...and I'm naming me the dumb kid no one else.but would enjoy that build to make more realizem to it.the nova and 57 ford gasser would be fun to.

I'll get at least one each but the Nova.......the Vette MAY be new body on the old racing chassis.....just thinking.

I just hope that it has a full decal sheet with nothing missing. But that won't be the case, at least the aftermarket will hopefully do a fill in sheet.

Edited by kitbash1

I just hope that it has a full decal sheet with nothing missing. But that won't be the case, at least the aftermarket will hopefully do a fill in sheet.

Not all Revell's fault. B o s c h is difficult to work with....wanting big bucks. Other can be the same.  MANY companies still look at copyright protection as a profit center.

I've never had the monogram ramcharger,but It sounds like normal monogram with parts open and not complete..its more work,but I just complete the parts by scratch building whats needed.I will be getting a few.I wished revell would reissue the hangman kit.I believe it was a daniels design. I build it as a dumb kid did...and I'm naming me the dumb kid no one else.but would enjoy that build to make more realizem to it.the nova and 57 ford gasser would be fun to.

I think the Hangman kit was reverse engineered back to the Dragon Wagon from which it originated. They changed the name to "Circus Wagon " though. 

aw..I didn't know that. so does that mean that the dragon wagon or now circus wagon that the hangman can be made out of it?...I'll have to go see what that kit looks like...thank ya.

Converting a Circus/Dragon Wagon back to hangman has one issue.......the missing cab roof.  And it's so oddly shaped a tough one to scratchbuild.  I supplied my vintage Dragon kit to Revell so they could clone it. 

That sent me down to dig through my stack of old Rod & Custom magazines:

25712337304_2a15bfe45d_b.jpg

26044333920_27f8ae9b09_b.jpg

Edited by ChrisBcritter