Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro ProTour update 99% done

CelticModeler

So started my second pro touring camaro while im waiting for some things for the 70.5 to come in (the wheels). The 69 will also be a pro tour setup. Picked up a pair of 19in. And 23in. Torque thrust wheels. Also picked up pegasus rotor assemblies. She will be all black with all trim blacked out. Spokes on the wheels will be blacked with chrome lips. Going to try and put a supercharger in the motor under the stock hood. Might have to modify it to fit tho. Anyways heres the 1:1 im going off of as well as how i hope i can get the car to sit. Let me know if anyone knows of a supercharger resin that has dome kind of air cleaner or something short instead of a bird catcher.

b5b2aa072c71065dbba9908020e69aa8.jpg

20160404_194034.jpg

20160404_194047.jpg

20160404_194058.jpg

Edited by CelticModeler

Im trying to find just the supercharger. If i cant find something that i like ill probably pick up the 6.2 from scale

If you want some great engines you should check out Clearly Scale,also has some really cool GM pro-touring seats. 

They are factory-ish but with way more support. 

So hit an aggrivating snag today. Was widening the chassis to fit the wider wheels. Had most of it all set. Then needed to make some small changes to the interior tub to work with the chassis. Well one thing led to another and a "BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH" storm ensued. Ended up heating the back where the rear seat is to try and bend the little bit of room that i needed. Ended up warping the whole tub beyond repair. I then tried cutting the back half off and remaking it out of styrene and that was an even worse horror show. I give credit to all the guys that make custom parts. Deffinitely harder than it looks. Anyways ended up finding the same kit i was workinh with on amazon for cheap so picked it up and with prime will be here thursday. Wish i knew better ways to work with the styrene. I can work metal no problem but this plastic is a whole new ball game. Well thats it for today. 

Let me know how they look Please

The KenneBell supercharger arrived last week Friday - I think they look really good. The resin is smooth and well detailed  Showed them to a couple of fellow AMG members (including Kennyboy from this forum) who all seemed to agree.  I attached a lousy phone cam picture but you should check out Lex's Scale Modeling for better images.

kennebell supercharger.jpg

Edited by djflyer

So what do you guys think of the stance? This is where i plan to have it sit. Think its close to the 1:1 and like how low it is. But do you think its too low and should be brought up a bit. Let me know what you think as im still not 100%. As it sits you can see how low the front cross member is. 

20160412_174728.jpg

20160412_174716.jpg

20160412_174437.jpg

Think it might be just a bit too low by the time you get the engine in. The oil pan will be below the front crossmember. Maybe use some Elmer's and tack the block and oil pan together to check. Easy to get back apart that way. Of couse, if you have some 1/4 in wide tape you could tape it and not even have to worry about prying apart any pieces. Quick and easy way to check tho'

Edited by socal76

Engine block and pan are already assembled and it actually clears it fine. I thought that would be an issue aswell but has enough clearance

Think it might be just a bit too low by the time you get the engine in. The oil pan will be below the front crossmember. Maybe use some Elmer's and tack the block and oil pan together to check. Easy to get back apart that way. Of couse, if you have some 1/4 in wide tape you could tape it and not even have to worry about prying apart any pieces. Quick and easy way to check tho'

I think it's just a hair low when compared to the 1:1, especially in the rear, but some of that may be the wheel size. I wish Pegasus offered their wheels in 17", 19" and 20", as I think the 23's are too large for most cars. Here's a reference picture from a different angle (you may already have it) that gives a better shot of the 1:1 stance. 

Fesler-Camaro-Draco-3.thumb.jpeg.e9c7991

Awesome i looked but couldnt find any other views of the camaro 1:1. Ya i think it needs to go up just a little after looking at the pic

I think it's just a hair low when compared to the 1:1, especially in the rear, but some of that may be the wheel size. I wish Pegasus offered their wheels in 17", 19" and 20", as I think the 23's are too large for most cars. Here's a reference picture from a different angle (you may already have it) that gives a better shot of the 1:1 stance. 

Fesler-Camaro-Draco-3.thumb.jpeg.e9c7991