Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro ProTour update 99% done

CelticModeler

Awesome i looked but couldnt find any other views of the camaro 1:1. Ya i think it needs to go up just a little after looking at the pic

Fesler-Camaro-Draco-3.thumb.jpeg.e9c7991

How can you drive that thing with the header primaries and collectors and the exhaust pipes almost dragging on the ground as it sits...unless it's got an air ride in it that thing makes for a nice static display and that would be about it.

Its coming along slowely. I think i like something and go with it till its almost done then decide i dont like it and start all over so i will hopefully get more done tomarrow. Yours looks very nice. Like the paint especially

Here is where I set the ride on my touring 69.  Not too low but got the look I was after.  Can't wait to see more of yours

08A1E74F-7EA3-4CE7-AA2B-8EA73789F212_zps

So havent had time to spend in the shop the past few days. Got down there today and made just a little progress. Have the ride height set. Can see the motor clears fine. Also ordered a hood from comp resins. Not happy at all. Thought it would look good but fits like garbage. I re worked it quite a bit and still has a ways to go to fit correctly. Not sure now if i want to use the stock cowl hood or the ram air hood. Thoughts?

20160420_135754.jpg

20160420_135858.jpg

Edited by CelticModeler

Got the first coats on the body parts, engine coming along. Need a few more coats then wet sanding and clear. Trying to find somethings to do to break up all the black. All interior is black, body, chassis and underbody. Anyone have any ideas on ways to break it up. Really only color i have is the motor and brake calipers

20160423_174054.jpg

20160423_173951.jpg

Edited by CelticModeler

seems the cast hoods outer shape is fixable but it looks like the material is way thick ? would be a monster job sanding it down to a thickness that will work on this scale ?

Since the resin is a lot softer than the styrene plastic, using some 80 grit paper on a flat sanding board should thin it out pretty quickly, or if you have access to a belt sander and a light touch, then just switch to finer paper to finish it, or build an inner structure out of.010 to smooth out some of the coarse sanding.

Clear coat on the body, and body parts. Looks good besides the hood. I guess i didnt put enough coats of paint on it or something after wet sanding it again and clear coating i had plastic showing through. So that needs to be sanded and repainted. Its coming together tho. Rest of the panels just need a final wet sand and buffing and theyll be done then will start assembly

20160424_113216.jpg

20160424_113356.jpg

• 2 weeks later...