Model Cars Magazine Forum

Future clear coat

Quick question, anyone from Ontario Canada knows where can i buy some Future (Pledge) ? And also can I polish the future coat with wet sanding and wax? Thanks

I've only used Future once to coat a canopy for an airplane model. As far as polishing and waxing, I'm not too sure about that as I always thought that Future was the "final coat."

I've used Future on 3 different builds.

All older buildups trying to bring back some shine to them. I wasn't impressed and will not be using it for that again.

I do plan on trying it to dip clear windshields in a see if it makes them any better. clearer .

.....ever used the cheap dollar store furniture spray polish,,,,well, I do, and it shines paint like crazy, does NO damage to anything else, and lasts on the model to retain a nice shine. now, that said, its the Dollarama  junk here in Canada I'm referring to, but i'll bet the same off shore junk is sold in U.S.  dollar stores too.......works great, costs about a buck...ooo la la......the Ace....:P

I've used Future on 3 different builds.

All older buildups trying to bring back some shine to them. I wasn't impressed and will not be using it for that again.

I do plan on trying it to dip clear windshields in a see if it makes them any better. clearer .

You just reminded me, I've done this too. I'll put a coat of it on one of my high-school buildups with a less-than-shiny paint job, and then maybe a few years later I'll wash it off with ammonia and put on a fresh coat.

But I don't use it on any new builds, and have no plans to do so.