Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks Carl.

I Googled the truck and mainly saw heavy construction applications like, dump, cement mixer, logging, and hauling heavy equipment. I didn't see any which were towing vans or I guess more standard highway loads.

Thanks Carl.

I Googled the truck and mainly saw heavy construction applications like, dump, cement mixer, logging, and hauling heavy equipment. I didn't see any which were towing vans or I guess more standard highway loads.

They were made mostly for that purpose.  After all the DM stands for "Dump" and "Mixer".  There was the Mack R600 (and a Mack U) which was a toned down version for vans but I don't know if the DM800 had a toned down version. 

FlinstsoneMaynNics-vi.jpg

Edited by angelo7

In the real world the DM800 would be overkill for that kind of work. This was a heavy duty truck made for rough and tough work. The DM600 would lend itself better to a fleet truck with its fiberglass tilt hood and shorter BBC. You can certainly do whatever you want because its your model, but in reality it would have been put up to harder jobs. The lowboy or dump trailer kits would be a good pairing for the 800.

Thanks Angel and Terry.

I didn't know DM was for Dump Mixer. I learned something new today.

I managed to find an AMT John Deere 310 tractor last weekend as well. That with the lowboy and the DM800 should be a fun little project. Once I get a couple of other builds off the table I'll get started in on this combo.

Rob