Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner wrecker

The White Freightliner is one of my favorite truck models.  In this case I mated it with the wrecker from the Peterbilt kit.  I made 5 hole wheels from 10 hole and added some chassis detail.  I also had to do some cutting and shaping on the wrecker body panels to make them fit around some of the WFs equipment.  The color is reminiscent of some of the strange colors coming out of the early 70s.

wf-1.jpg

wf-2.jpg

wf-3.jpg

wf-4.jpg

wf-5.jpg

freightliner chassis-1.jpg

White Freightliner wrecker photoshopped-1.jpg

• 4 years later...

The Freightliner COE is a good piece of truck. And the model knows how to please, indeed!

Since I am currently looking through many photos to understand the development of the WFT cabin over the years, I have a question. Is the into the casing worked step over the round wheel arch photographically documented? So far I could only identify a variant of two metal brackets or a "ladder" behind the wheel arch without a further step under the door, but I would like to know if there were other shapes.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, stenfalk said:

The Freightliner COE is a good piece of truck. And the model knows how to please, indeed!

Since I am currently looking through many photos to understand the development of the WFT cabin over the years, I have a question. Is the into the casing worked step over the round wheel arch photographically documented? So far I could only identify a variant of two metal brackets or a "ladder" behind the wheel arch without a further step under the door, but I would like to know if there were other shapes.

The Wrecker looks great - good work combining the Freightliner with the wrecker body.

Please post some pictures of the steps that you've seen - I can add some notes and history 

On 8/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, stenfalk said:

Since I am currently looking through many photos to understand the development of the WFT cabin over the years, I have a question. Is the into the casing worked step over the round wheel arch photographically documented? 

This would be a great topic in the Reference Photo thread. Fender design  and steps started to get unpredictable on WF's in the early to mid 70's

On 8/13/2020 at 1:32 AM, Muncie said:

The Wrecker looks great - good work combining the Freightliner with the wrecker body.

Please post some pictures of the steps that you've seen - I can add some notes and history 

On 8/13/2020 at 3:31 AM, leafsprings said:

This would be a great topic in the Reference Photo thread. Fender design  and steps started to get unpredictable on WF's in the early to mid 70's

Done! Thanks for your support!

• 2 weeks later...