Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Chris, Albion nickel/silver tube or rod.  Comes in .1mm on up.  I think I used .2 for the chute.  There is a US distributor for their products that I go to, Mmodelstore.com    They also have a decent selection of brass tube in all sizes (even down to .3)  in millimeters.   cheers, tim

Tim... thanks brother I appreciate the info I could swore that from the pic the one line looked like it was a cable. I will have to look that company up. I think I have picked up some of that tubing from spurs brothers before. I know my one local hobby store sometimes has the Albion tubing but selection is limited.

Hey Chris, as an fyi, I'll cut the .2 nickel rod short as it enters the tube on the chassis rail and insert it into a hiroboy flexible spring cable. The .2 slips inside of it beautifully.  The pic doesn't show that. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused you.  cheers

Getting started on the brake lines & brackets.  Time to take some pics as reference for future final assembly which I've no doubt will be quite the challenge for me.   Cheers, Tim

DSC 0003

Got a chance to take some pics in natural light finally.  Helps to see what's what. 

DSC 0170

DSC 0047

DSC 0171

Ok Tim, these photos are now getting into the "Holy s///" category!!!  I hope your final plan include a simple coat of clear lacquer over the whole thing.  This is just to pretty to paint any other way!

Edited by Pete J.

Morning guys, your posts are most welcome as I'm going to need all the encouragement I can get as I approach final assembly.  After posting the pics and reviewing where I'm at, it's very apparent that assembly will be quite a challenge.  The Henry pro mod that I had worked on was challenging but "packaging" is another story altogether.  This is when 1/25th scale gets to be a bit daunting, at least for me. There are so many considerations of installation order, fuel, oil, fire bottle, brake, throttle, shut-off and other such lines to go in what is a crowded space............well, let's just say that it will be a challenge even though Joe was quite humorous in his assessment of my abilities which I want to say thanks as well for the vote of confidence.  I always underestimate how much time will be needed to do something but I'm going to generously provide 2 months for final assembly.  I hope that's all I'll need.  Back to it, cheers, tim

Tim.... I want you to know that I am here for you and will be encouraging you the rest of the way for this Epic build.

I would first tell you to continue what you are doing because you knocking this build out of the park.

Second I would tell you not to worry about the time it will take to do the final assembly and you should not let that discourage you. You will have some days where you feel you haven't gotten alot if traction or made much progress and other days it will seem like you made leaps and bounds. Better to take your time and know you are happy with the outcome than rush and mess something up.

Third, I know all too well what you are going thru because I am feeling the same thing on my funny car. There is so much to consider when it comes to final assembly. You have to think out each sub Assembly and all the wires, hoses, etc and the order that you need to put them in.

Fourth... if you ever need to talk you can call me you are more than welcome to. I think you have my number. If you don't let me know and I can email it to you.

You will find this funny I have taken probably 2 to 3 hours honestly probably a lot more than that to glue my floor pan to the funny car chassis along with gluing 4 bolts that I had to trim down to fit. Problem was I was trying to be cautious so I wouldn't screw anything up or that I wouldn't glue it in the wrong spot. I set the thing up a good hand full of times how I was going to glue with 30 min epoxy. To glue one piece (The floor plan to the chassis) and 4 bolts (that had to be shortened) took me way longer than it should of. But they are now installed and I can move onto the next item.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Fire bottle hard lines are mocked up. The pics don't show the nozzles I created for the ends which will be added after install.  I did the same for the brake lines but no pics as I'm getting ready to solder on the various tabs to the chassis for them.  Too many "honey do" things around the house lately and this stuff takes time but still moving forward with it.  cheers, tim

DSC 0024

DSC 0039DSC 0005

DSC 0022