Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Hey Dave, gotta agree it's been a terrible painting season here in central Pa.  Got the seat plated and did a test fit.  Plating the seat was a bit trickier than I thought it would be, this plating thing is a bit tricky for me but if it goes well the results are worthwhile IMO.  The leather seat pad is not glued down yet & the chassis color will be gunmetal.  Cheers everyone!

image.thumb.png.4564848d915e93cee6279dd14abece2d.png

image.thumb.png.5f8a60b0a758247231171dd69727e666.png

image.png.cbcc5ebf9424deffc824f07482bfa12b.png

Tim... That seat is gorgeous. You sure have that Plating down. I  need to really try an figure it out because you get beautiful results. Mine weren't anything near successful when I tired it for the funny car so I gave up and will practice for the FED... That seat pad looks perfect too. That chassis is just a work of art for sure.

Jeff,  thanks for the compliment.  I can't deny that is has been challenging but also rewarding so far.  cheers

Chris, ahh, the plating............well there is still a lot of behind the scenes experimenting when doing a given part to get an acceptable finish.  I wish there was one simple process to get truly consistent results with the system but that's not the case for me.  thanks for peeking in too.

Dave, thanks man.  I am just so far behind my original schedule.  As you know it's just been the most miserable summer in Pa. with all this rain. I'll get there I know but this is just getting silly now. btw, saw the 730 c.i. all alum. mill for your 37' you're building up.  Whatcha thinking, 900+ horse in a mild tune?    It's looking great is all I can say.  cheers, tim

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, I forgot about that earlier "debate" over what this build was going to be it's been so long.  I don't know about "icon" status but I know it will be the best I can do.  Desperate now to get the chassis in paint so I can commence the assembly.  3 days AGAIN of lousy weather......94 degrees and about 100% humidity here.  I just can't get a break with it.  Should have it finally in paint by mid month and if all goes well the Kandy Red on the body.  I do want to thank some particular builders here for sharing their knowledge & experience whenever I've reached out to them.  A sincere "thank you"  to Chris, John Teresi, Clay Kemp and Dave Sherman......great group of talented individuals and I'd be remiss not to mention them.  cheers

image.thumb.png.8b9f3ab78a0c8c835d99eda539108ddf.png

image.png.e43f9de0e0582f3ae0d9c4c9723ec6b8.png

image.thumb.png.e7084e134ec7cecd6c14a58000e77c33.png

Tim... This is absolutely Gorgeous. Man this thing is perfect. One of the best builds around. Can't wait till you can get some paint on this bad boy. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for ya. This build has been a Joy for all of us to follow. Can't wait to see what you show us next on this one.

Still rainin' here.  2nd wettest year on record in Penna.  Final chassis tabs are on and everything cleaned up for paint.  The mock-up pics are for me as a guide on what to mask off prior to paint.  The "tongs" I made were made to hold the chassis somehow while painting it, I think it will work pretty well.  Next pics will be of it in color once and for all.  cheers

image.png.ad2061f965827b867c28e85adf822578.png

image.png.8bc87029e3a47e447665bed8c727054f.png

image.png.a781df769ae0e61550bc06bd0cd997d0.png

image.png.a594b30e4a956adf29f1ec8b41e68b87.png

image.png.d9fba4894f099949e5ef0cf37a21fa13.png

image.png.8ee3fe3c0d191353494094c0547c665c.png

Tim......this is just so AWESOME.......I wish  could weld like you......If I could weld that good and make it look that good......I wouldn't even paint it.......I`m not just saying that either......I think it just looks too cool in the raw......I would clear coat it and leave it.......STUNNING Brother just STUNNING:wub:

Tim.... This is freaking amazing my friend. WOW!, I am speechless. Before I even saw John's post I thought to myself, This would be so cool if it was just cleared. This Chassis is a true piece of Art my friend. Puts the funny car to Shame 100% and I love it. I can't wait to play with a Brass Chassis myself. Your work is definitely inspiring. You make it look so easy, when I know it really isn't. Keep up the awesome work

Thanks everyone for your patience AND interest in the build.  Your comments provide a mental boost to get this done especially since it's been so frustrating regarding paint etc.  The chassis will be painted a gun metal color as mentioned and I think when done it will really pop with all of the metal work and the color combinations I've selected.  Today I took time to take pics of the various bits and pieces I've made for the car so I could put together an assembly order. There are various fittings and plumbing that you don't see (brakes, oil, fuel, fire extinguisher etc.) along with steering / control arm links and such.  Too many little bits and pieces so I'll spare you those.  Cheers to one and all.   Tim

image.thumb.png.ad0993afb08c297e1a45cac4d36c2212.png

image.png.13ab78bc5389a10b5bd4e2d019af1700.png

image.png.823e390992e21fe30487abb74d886f09.png

image.png.9ae270bfd23433af85859b7745d2a037.png

image.png.b1438903fb99b15424f11968cf6254fb.png