Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Thanks Chris AND John, I've seen and admired your respective skills when doing hard lines like these, I got nothing on you guys, your standards are really high.   Again, thank you.

Dave, I've had the best mentor possible (yes, I mean you) and I never could have achieved what I've made to date with out your willingness to share your knowledge and experience.    Now's the fun part as I like seeing it come together after all the time and effort.  BTW, just saw the article on your 37' Chevy at Dragzine.   For those that haven't seen it yet, check it out at Dragzine.com...............too cool.  Congrats man. 

Dave (GoatGuy), been a while since I've done a "penny" shot.  Once a get a few more bits and pieces on the motor I'll take a few pics to show the scale a bit more accurately.  As an fyi, the engine is approx. 1 inch in length if that gives an idea.    Cheers as well.

Edited by Codi

I just saw the injector. Forum rules prohibit my exact words but they were something like "Holy.........."

The red for the screw eyes for the butterflies. Seriously? Wow. Your eye for detail and your execution is at an artist level. Wow. Like oh wow......

Mike, thought you'd like to see it with the linkage finally on.  All in I've got 35 hours just installing the fuel lines and linkage.......thanks too!! 

Brad, a whole bunch of .2mm albion nickel silver rod all over the place............teeny tiny pieces.........watch where you step.........cheers

iBorg, thanks for picking that out.  If I explained how I did that you would call the authorities as I'd be described as insane...........Cheers!!! 

Show me someone that says they like doing throttle linkage and I'll show you a liar............btw, in the 1st pic you'll see at the front of the fuel block a scratch built brass fitting for the fuel line that connects to the manifold fuel block,  I made 4 custom brass pieces in total. I'm proud of those as they were tricky to make.  Thanks

image.thumb.png.82c138f083458610197d33738d4dac79.png

image.thumb.png.08d11c603d36818e8900e51d3317e439.png

image.thumb.png.6057ac94f4a350c6f7dc8d32f657754c.png

Edited by Codi

Lee, I'm not THAT crazy............that's something Randy D. would / could do.  :D

GoatGuy, might see you at the Larson dragfest if you're still going..........I'll send you a note.  Thanks too !! 

Appreciated Chris, I am getting a bit antsy however as I'm waiting (like many others) for ANYTHING that you're working on........hint hint

Davewilly, nice to see you back sir. 

Art & Dave......thanks guys.  You're right Dave, suddenly I've got a fire lit again and it's fun to see it now.  I thought the tedious stuff right now would drive me a bit crazy, but so far so good. 

Mike, thank you for stopping by and getting caught up on it.  You made me laugh at the sit on the couch comment, always welcome a good laugh.

Well, on my way to do the manifold hard lines I decided to take a small detour and detail the valve covers and oil galley cover.  I polished them as well and I couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out.  It's only been 18 months or so since I made them......bout' time right?  Manifold is next though.  Cheers, Tim

image.thumb.png.61fd358b251eb678477601da3c974e41.png

image.png.6081b1457cdb7f869c6030f4b4f76ec3.png

Took  a bit of time to get the plug tubes right but the plug wires will be red and when I mocked it up...............it was pretty cool looking I must say. 

image.thumb.png.376f4353093666f492340bb225e46771.png

image.thumb.png.a4f95a7c499d4daf44edf2da151b3e44.png

John, Chris, Pete & Guido, thanks guys.  Once I get some last minute pre-winter house chores done this week I'm back on it.  

Clay, been a while sir since you've posted one of YOUR builds........we'd all love to see something soon.  I did check out your nascar build on fotki.......as usual, just sublime.  Thanks too for checking it out and your comments.  cheers everyone! tim