Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

You guys have me really stoked to keep moving ahead on the car.  Thank you for ALL of your kind comments.   I completed detailing the headers (2 water neck lines to be affixed when I attach the headers near the end of assembly) and took some pics of the bottom end of the motor.  You'll only be able to see some of the detail of course when it's completed so I wanted to snap a few pics now and share.  To each and every member of the forum, may you and your family have a Happy & Prosperous New Year!! 

image.thumb.png.1753837e23f7b04a361fcfd35ea04b54.png

image.thumb.png.e236efe80881dfd680eade11e329b0f6.png

image.thumb.png.3a218230e53dd03e630f6012ae21da6e.png

Tim.... That is one Beautiful and Stunning Work of Art. It’s a piece of Jewelry for sure. It has me wanting to finish the Design of my 392 Hemi and Donovan 417 I have started to draw up. I just love your work, the precision of everything is just amazing and I have to always remind myself that this is 1/25th scale and so much smaller than my 1/16th scale stuff I have been working on. I can not wait to see the Transmission Married up to the Engine and then sitting in that Gorgeous chassis. It’s exciting to think that soon you will have the engine mounted into the chassis. Keep up the Killer Work my Friend!! Cheers!

Chris, like you I can't wait either to see it in the chassis.  Still chipping away though.  Thank you as always.

John, and my best regards to you too this New Year.    Oh, and I found your latest project on the forum.  NICE! 

Rickard, wish I knew how to say "thanks & Happy New Year" in Swedish, but I don't unfortunately.  Best regards to you too!! 

Hi Eric, nice to have you stop by and check it out.......now I have to explore the forum to find what YOU have been working on.  They're always imaginative and well executed.  Happy New Year!

So, with a little advice from my friend Dave (comp1839) on how to machine mild steel, I re-did the brake rotors in steel. The alum. ones I have/had just weren't cutting it and I didn't want to paint them per se.  The new ones are better. Spent the last 2 days detailing the calipers and here are a few pics of a quick mock-up of them.  Just 1 or 2 days worth of "dumb" stuff to wrap up and then I'm starting the actual final assembly.  Cheers everyone! 

The caliper support brackets aren't in these pics btw.  The brake bleeders are from RB motion and the assorted bolts used are RB and T2M.  The pics are just mock-ups and are not glued together yet. 

image.thumb.png.9917658fc6f20ad0088369442440869e.png

image.thumb.png.d0d72f9f38c992da8892791d07ea47c5.png

image.png.158741980e7a5330f9245bd9ad2c5a53.png

Oh my word!!  There isn't anything on this build that isn't a bar raiser in itself. These are absolutely glorious Tim. In my work, which I consider to be detailed, I think it looks great in person and then when I look at photos of it, I see all kinds of flaws and blemishes. That cant be said for any of your work. It is of such precision and execution. Bravo!!  Get this thing put together already.   :-)

Edited by gasser59

This is such a cool read to follow along with a true professional. It's unreal. To many good things to list but.. The rear end is simple f*****g amazing, the fuel lines just speechless, photo's yup those too. Thanks for putting in the work to get this on here with such written detail asWell. I just re read it from time to time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oops, busted.  I've been snoozing on it for a few weeks.  All the "dumb stuff" is now completed and the single pic I have to offer is a shot of all the notes / pics I've taken regarding assembly (actually a few are not in this pic).   Gives an idea of what I'm about to begin..........but now's the time and I'll post some true progress pics in the next week or so.  Can't wait to get the engine/trans and rear end in it.   Cheers and thank you too for all the comments & continued interest!  Cheers, Tim 

BTW,  I went back to page 1 of this thread to edit the header with "Updated Pics and the Date"...........there is no edit button or ability for me to update that at this time.   Anyone else running into this and any ideas on how I correct that?  

image.png.49c8edec3cca0f57e395b8f0a355ea72.png

Edited by Codi

1 hour ago, Codi said:

BTW,  I went back to page 1 of this thread to edit the header with "Updated Pics and the Date"...........there is no edit button or ability for me to update that at this time.   Anyone else running into this and any ideas on how I correct that?  

Hey Tim!   It appears a board update has occurred for security reasons, that eliminates the ability to edit any post after 3 days... Which is kinda a bummer for people that update the title of the post as you have been doing,  Im pretty sure Mr. Ambrose is  working on solutions to still allow that to happen, just nothing as of right now...

Will you be attending NNL East this year?   I would really like to see this work of art in person, not to mention meet you. 

Hi Eric, thanks for the info.........as of today, still can't update the header / topic on the first page.  Hopefully soon or this thread will be updated with "new pics" on 1-7-19 forever.  :)   I'm planning on attending the NNL east show just not sure what I'll bring yet.   It would be nice to see you again as well and what you've entered!  

Hey Dave, hope you might join me in going to the NNL east this year.  I'll drop you a note. 

So, the printed list you see is the result of all the pics of assembly instructions / insights as I've gone along.  When scratch-building of course, there's no instruction sheet.  I think what I've got planned will work really well.  The other pics I'm sharing today are just a quick confirmation that the motor mounts, engine, mid-plate etc. line up square & tight.  I'm please how they look so the assembly should go well in that regard.  Next is to remove the engine and start prepping things from the inside out of the chassis. Once the motor & trans go in, it will be tight all the way around for assembly.  Cheers everyone!

image.png.9b4db3e184a002d14ebd4dfcab96bf1c.png

image.png.85628b5acdf23bc5c3c9b5b053ed024e.png

image.png.d3941ff57e2b46d79cccac1f78d780d0.png