Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Hey everyone and especially to those that commented, thank you for the encouragement and comments.  I'm moving along now, sat down just to do one or 2 things and 5 hours later.............well, anyways, here are some pics where I started adding the handbrake, reverse, shift levers and running wires / cables around the car.  Very soon I'll mount the blower and start doing some detailing on the motor.  I did see a snag coming up in a few weeks wherein I need my fuel tank to be installed but with last years poor paint weather I never got the Candy Red on the car.  So I'm hoping for some early warm weather to get it done.  Cheers!!!!!  

image.png.a4645972ccc7a54678ccb18aae2b4743.png

image.thumb.png.04e693fed1c3e91eba0a6db3b59d1c3c.png

Thank you John, Brad, Dave and Chris....some pics today of the steering column / wheel install.  You'd think something this straightforward would take but 30 minutes.  Uh, nope.  Fought me a bit but I think I won out.  Throttle pedal and then the blower are next up.  To those that observe and celebrate the holiday, Happy Easter!  Tim

image.thumb.png.c1bd7ba1c0462e60fbd4e0bbeb7f11ed.png

image.thumb.png.236c64cebaf12966b7fdb0b8216a6862.png

image.png.12a2f4f3a438a489286f007a4b8e0b91.png

Hi guys..........thank you both gentlemen, I wanted to share what I thought were a couple great shots I took later this afternoon by mocking up a few engine parts....they're not permanently attached just yet but these shots have me really enthused to get her done.  Hope you like them too.  Cheers

image.png.028e57ddd488fc157e35980c659068de.png

image.png.596d718210c16921f6ef07486a038a46.png

image.png.6f6440649cd72c642481a6977dec364f.png

Tim.... Wow...ummm I can't exactly say what came out of my mouth when I saw the first pic because I would get a warning for my language from the mods...lol. This is the moment where you can see all of the hard work come together on this Jewel. I am so impressed. That engine and all the details in the drivers area is just Gorgeous.  I am speechless. Truly Amazing my friend. Cheers!

Hi Chris, I can only imagine what went thru your mind when you were down to the last few steps on your Vega.  The last week or so has been very satisfying to see it come together like this.  I can see the whole thing in my mind and if I don't mess it up now, it should be pretty cool when done.  I did mock up the car with the body, wing and slicks on it.  You'll like it!  

Dave (comp1839) well, after all the input and knowledge you shared, I think it's coming together too.  Thanks so much for the friendship and mentoring along the way.  I won't forget it.

Bruce & John, I couldn't help but notice the emoji you both used.  Co-incidence?  Either way, I appreciate it........

Davewilly, thank you as well but I assure you, it's been anything but easy at times.  Finally getting a lot of satisfaction though in how it's coming together. 

Daniel (Straightliner 59) as always, thank you very much......btw, today I tried out your tutorial on Zip Ties.  NICE!   No pics yet but I tried your method and I'm happy with how they turned out.  I had tried to do this based upon some other suggestions a year ago and it just didn't work for me..............but YOUR well documented tutorial helped me get a great facsimile made.   thanks again!    Cheers to all. 

2 hours ago, Codi said:

Hi Chris, I can only imagine what went thru your mind when you were down to the last few steps on your Vega.  The last week or so has been very satisfying to see it come together like this.  I can see the whole thing in my mind and if I don't mess it up now, it should be pretty cool when done.  I did mock up the car with the body, wing and slicks on it.  You'll like it!  

Dave (comp1839) well, after all the input and knowledge you shared, I think it's coming together too.  Thanks so much for the friendship and mentoring along the way.  I won't forget it.

Bruce & John, I couldn't help but notice the emoji you both used.  Co-incidence?  Either way, I appreciate it........

Davewilly, thank you as well but I assure you, it's been anything but easy at times.  Finally getting a lot of satisfaction though in how it's coming together. 

Daniel (Straightliner 59) as always, thank you very much......btw, today I tried out your tutorial on Zip Ties.  NICE!   No pics yet but I tried your method and I'm happy with how they turned out.  I had tried to do this based upon some other suggestions a year ago and it just didn't work for me..............but YOUR well documented tutorial helped me get a great facsimile made.   thanks again!    Cheers to all. 

Tim, fantastic build!  Still boggles the mind that you are working in 1/25!  Could you please post a link to the zip tie tutorial?

Later,

Lee

Lee, look under "Tips, Tricks and Tutorials" on the site.  Daniel posted it there with the header of "Zip Ties".   He did a nice job documenting a how-to.   I used .25mm  black monofilament line.  They sell it on Ebay and have info on various sizes as they sell it by how many pound test the line is.  I think .015" was 38mm.  To pierce the hole in it I used a small hypodermic needle for a great result.  cheers

Thank you Edgar, I'll have to post pics with a ruler or something in the pic for scale reference.  I did get the gas pedal in and lines hooked up among other little details addressed. Blower is finally mounted to the engine so I took time to do a mid-assembly mock-up.  The fire bottles aren't permanently installed yet as the hard-lines are quite fiddly.  Cheers, Tim

image.png.176c5176aa4637fd9395f80339ae394d.png

Sorry for the quality of the pics.......not sure why the lighting wasn't co-operating. 

image.png.448546e8fa55347ddd4f9e8087d15ba1.png